Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is EMI/RMI filter working ?

I don't recall where I got it, but I have a device that plugs into a
standard 3-prong outlet.

It uses both outlets and has 6 outlets in the front. It also has a
sticker on it that says

EMI/RFI Filter.

It has a red and green led light. The red light is on when it is
plugged in but the green light is not.

I am concerned because red usually means there is a problem somewhere.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Andy
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 11, 2:12*pm, WhiteTea77581 wrote:
I don't recall where I got it, but I have a device that plugs into a
standard 3-prong outlet.

It uses both outlets and has 6 outlets in the front. It also has a
sticker on it that says

EMI/RFI Filter.

It has a red and green led light. The red light is on when it is
plugged in but the green light is not.

I am concerned because red usually means there is a problem somewhere.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Andy

This may be telling you your outlet is wired wrong. Hot and Neutral
reversed.

Jimmie
Posted to alt.home.repair

WhiteTea77581 wrote:
I don't recall where I got it, but I have a device that plugs into a
standard 3-prong outlet.

It uses both outlets and has 6 outlets in the front. It also has a
sticker on it that says

EMI/RFI Filter.

It has a red and green led light. The red light is on when it is
plugged in but the green light is not.

I am concerned because red usually means there is a problem somewhere.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Andy

Brand name, model number?

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 11, 12:12*pm, WhiteTea77581
wrote:
I don't recall where I got it, but I have a device that plugs into a
standard 3-prong outlet.

It uses both outlets and has 6 outlets in the front. It also has a
sticker on it that says

EMI/RFI Filter.

It has a red and green led light. The red light is on when it is
plugged in but the green light is not.

I am concerned because red usually means there is a problem somewhere.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Andy

My first idea is that I would like to know the brand name, make,
model, etc of the device!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 11, 3:35*pm, JIMMIE wrote:
On Jun 11, 2:12*pm, WhiteTea77581 wrote:

I don't recall where I got it, but I have a device that plugs into a
standard 3-prong outlet.

It uses both outlets and has 6 outlets in the front. It also has a
sticker on it that says

EMI/RFI Filter.

It has a red and green led light. The red light is on when it is
plugged in but the green light is not.

I am concerned because red usually means there is a problem somewhere.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Andy

This may be telling you your outlet is wired wrong. Hot and Neutral
reversed.

Jimmie

It wasn't designed to be taken apart, but I did so to see if I could
find a manufacturer label.

I found some writing on the circuit board but deciding it wasn't the
trouble.

Andy