Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Help: Amana dryer lg8109s2

Our dryer quit heating and I read on a web page that replacing the coils
will do the trick. My question. Is this the part I should replace?

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/9927/valvecoil.png

Thanks,

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Amana dryer lg8109s2

Only if that's the part that is broken.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"samson" wrote in message

Our dryer quit heating and I read on a web page that
replacing the coils
will do the trick. My question. Is this the part I should
replace?

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/9927/valvecoil.png

Thanks,

Posted to alt.home.repair

"samson" wrote in message

Our dryer quit heating and I read on a web page that replacing the coils
will do the trick. My question. Is this the part I should replace?

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/9927/valvecoil.png

Thanks,

A quick search shows you have a gas dryer. If that is correct then I doubt
that is the problem. The coils referred to is probably for an all electric
dryer and are the heating coils, a very common failure.
What you have is the coil that activates the gas valve and those coils
seldom give problem. You can check them with an ohmmeter to see if it is
open or not.

YOU may need either the whole valve or maybe the igniter. There is also a
flame sensor that shuts the gas off after a short period if it does not see
the flame.
The sensor or ignitor would be my first guess. Maybe you can see if the
flame comes on or not and maybe hear the valve opening.