Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bush joke (parting shot)--SUMMARY

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 21:20:33 -0500, Red Green
wrote:

David Nebenzahl wrote in news:4a369903$0$2695
:

On 6/10/2009 3:53 PM David Nebenzahl spake thus:

Apologies if you've already heard this one:

[snip joke]

Hey, now that this thread is nearing saturation, do I get some kind of
prize for starting maybe not *the* longest thread, but a really long
one? Huh?

No, not the longest. Too many other goodies like does the ground pin go up
or down on a duplex outlet.

Uh oh. And awaaaaaay we go.

Actually it should point he
http://www.jhalpin.com/metuchen/tae/taeindex.htm
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 06:37:12 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 6/15/2009 7:20 PM Red Green spake thus:

David Nebenzahl wrote in
news:4a369903$0$2695 :

Hey, now that this thread is nearing saturation, do I get some kind
of prize for starting maybe not *the* longest thread, but a really
long one? Huh?

No, not the longest. Too many other goodies like does the ground pin
go up or down on a duplex outlet.

Uh oh. And awaaaaaay we go.

Sideways.

Which side (for the Northern hemisphere)?

Everything must point toward Washington DC.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/16/2009 4:37 AM HeyBub spake thus:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

On 6/15/2009 7:20 PM Red Green spake thus:

David Nebenzahl wrote in
news:4a369903$0$2695 :

Hey, now that this thread is nearing saturation, do I get some kind
of prize for starting maybe not *the* longest thread, but a really
long one? Huh?

No, not the longest. Too many other goodies like does the ground pin
go up or down on a duplex outlet.

Uh oh. And awaaaaaay we go.

Sideways.

Which side (for the Northern hemisphere)?

Let's see; taking into account the Coriolis Effect, factoring in the
gravitational force of the Bermuda Triangle, I'd say ... Thursday afternoon.

Posted to alt.home.repair
rlz rlz is offline

--
Found--the gene that causes belief in genetic determinism- Hide quoted text -

JOE THE PLUMBER

Barack Obama discovers a leak under his sink, so he calls Joe the
Plumber to come and fix it.

Joe drives to Obama's house, which is located in a very nice
neighborhood and where it's clear that all the residents make more
than $250,000 per year. Joe arrives and takes his tools into the
house. Joe is led to the room that contains the leaky pipe under a
sink. Joe assesses the problem and tells Obama, who is standing near
the door, that it's an easy repair that will take less than 10
minutes.

Obama asks Joe how much it will cost. Joe immediately says, "$9,500."

"$9,500?" Obama asks, stunned. "But you said it's an easy repair!"

"Yes, but what I do is charge a lot more to my clients who make more
than $250,000 per year so I can fix the plumbing of everybody who
makes less than that for free," ex plains Joe. "It's always been my
philosophy. As a matter of fact, I lobbied government to pass this
philosophy as law, and it did pass earlier this year, so now all
plumbers have to do business this way. It's known as 'Joe's Fair
Plumbing Act of 2008.' Surprised you haven't heard of it, senator."

In spite of that, Obama tells Joe there's no way he's paying that much
for a small plumbing repair, so Joe leaves.

Obama spends the next hour flipping through the phone book looking for
another plumber, but he finds that all other plumbing businesses
listed have gone out of business. Not wanting to pay Joe's price,
Obama does nothing.

The leak under Obama's sink goes unrepaired for the next several days.

A week later the leak is so bad that Obama has had to put a bucket
under the sink. The bucket fills up quickly and has to be emptied
every hour, and there's a risk that the room will flood, so Obama
calls Joe and pleads with him to return .

Joe goes back to Obama's house, looks at the leaky pipe, and says
"Let's see €“ this will cost you about $21,000."

"A few days ago you told me it would cost $9,500!" Obama quickly fires
back.

Joe explains the reason for the dramatic increase. "Well, because of
the 'Joe's Fair Plumbing Act,' a lot of rich people are learning how
to fix their own plumbing, so there are fewer of you paying for all
the free plumbing I'm doing for the people who make less than
$250,000. As a result, the rate I have to charge my wealthy paying
customers rises every day.

"Not only that, but for some reason the demand for plumbing work from
the group of people who get it for free has skyrocketed, and there's a
long waiting list of those who need repairs. This has put a lot of my
fellow plumbers out of business, and they're not being replaced €“
nobody is going into the plumbing business because they know they
won't make any money. I'm hurting now too €“ all thanks to greedy
rich people like you who won't pay their fair share."

Obama tries to straighten out the plumber: "Of course you're hurting,
Joe! Don't you get it? If all the rich people learn how to fix their
own plumbing and you refuse to charge the poorer people for your
services, you'll be broke, and then what will you do?"

Joe immediately replies, "Run for president, apparently."

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bush joke (parting shot)

On Jun 11, 12:04*pm, wrote:
Saddam wasn't doing
anything to contain Bin Laden. * No one was.

Exactly, and Saddam was doing a better job of doing nothing than
anyone else.

It's called sarcasm, but your lunatic right-wing brain can't grasp the
concept.

Posted to alt.home.repair

rlz wrote:

[...]

Our new president can teach us a lot.

Posted to alt.home.repair

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 6/15/2009 7:20 PM Red Green spake thus:

David Nebenzahl wrote in news:4a369903$0$2695
:

Hey, now that this thread is nearing saturation, do I get some kind
of prize for starting maybe not *the* longest thread, but a really
long one? Huh?

No, not the longest. Too many other goodies like does the ground pin
go up or down on a duplex outlet.

Uh oh. And awaaaaaay we go.

Sideways.

That is what I answer when I step on an elevator with someone, and they
ask if I am going up or down.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OBama thinks there is 60 states.

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 19:12:50 -0400, ObamaBinLyin wrote:

HeyBub wrote:
ObamaBinLyin wrote:
Obama thinks there are 60 states in the Union. and you voted for him
anyway. now who is the stupid one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws

It was 57. In Obama's defense, there ARE 57 venues that held Democratic
primaries.

* The 50 states, of course, plus
* District of Columbia,
* Guam,
* Puerto Rico,
* U.S. Virgin Islands,
* Patagonia,
* British Honduras, and, er...
* Either Rhodesia or Burbank. I forget.

listen to the video. in it he says he's been to 57 states, 1 left to
go and 2, Alaska and Hawaii, that his handlers won't let him go to. so
for you dumocRATs out the 57+1+2=60. anymore questions?

New Obama math is 57+1+2=50. That is how he plans to double spending to
reduce the deficit.
Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
ObamaBinLyin wrote:
Obama thinks there are 60 states in the Union. and you voted for him
anyway. now who is the stupid one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws

It was 57. In Obama's defense, there ARE 57 venues that held Democratic
primaries.

* The 50 states, of course, plus
* District of Columbia,
* Guam,
* Puerto Rico,
* U.S. Virgin Islands,
* Patagonia,
* British Honduras, and, er...
* Either Rhodesia or Burbank. I forget.

listen to the video. in it he says he's been to 57 states, 1 left to
go and 2, Alaska and Hawaii, that his handlers won't let him go to. so
for you dumocRATs out the 57+1+2=60. anymore questions?

Check out this little gem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap2Cg...eature=related

Posted to alt.home.repair

listen to the video. in it he says he's been to 57 states, 1 left to
go and 2, Alaska and Hawaii, that his handlers won't let him go to. so
for you dumocRATs out the 57+1+2=60. anymore questions?

Check out this little gem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap2Cg...eature=related

Well..............even if you are right, how smart are you? If nothing else
the title should be "OBama thinks there are 60 States".

Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:

When are Americans going to realize that Islamic Fundamentalists
don't think the same way that Americans perceive as normal.

Exactly the way christian fundamentalists don't think the same way that
Americans think of as normal. Is there a point to this? Or is it that they just
don't think?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bob F wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:

When are Americans going to realize that Islamic Fundamentalists
don't think the same way that Americans perceive as normal.

Exactly the way christian fundamentalists don't think the same way that
Americans think of as normal. Is there a point to this? Or is it that they just
don't think?

Fundamentalists and fanatics of *ANY* religion don't have
to think. All of their thinking has already been done for
them and written down in a big book or scroll of some sort.

TDD