Posted to alt.home.repair

Default first time painting 16' ceiling

Hi there.. I was just offered a job to paint a 16' ceiling. It will be my
first time painting a ceiling of that height and also my first working on
scaffolding.. So my question is, do I cut the entire ceiling twice and
then use my extension or do I use the scaffolding through the whole
process?

Thanks
-------------------------------------

Delivered via http://thestuccocompany.com/
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
some dickwad pretending to be a transsexual named Lexxi wrote:

Hi there..

You people annoy me. Stop spamming usenet and get a life.
Posted to alt.home.repair

(Lexxi) wrote in
:

Hi there.. I was just offered a job to paint a 16' ceiling. It will be
my first time painting a ceiling of that height and also my first
working on scaffolding.. So my question is, do I cut the entire
ceiling twice and then use my extension or do I use the scaffolding
through the whole process?

Thanks
-------------------------------------

Delivered via
http://thestuccocompany.com/

Why are you asking? I assume to prevent bordering??? Whatever you
choose, be sure to feather it in towards the room. Helps minimize
bordering.

Just an FYI and for your consideration as another option, I did a
cathedral ceiling with 14' peak using a tall stepladder and a Wagner
power roller. Worked out great. I have no scaffolding. Outlay to rent vs
buying a tall stepladder wasn't cost effective considering I now still
have a tall stepladder when done. Really handy for me personally. At the
time a year ago the power roller was $69 plus a rebate. Borg seems to
cycle the various rebates on Wagner products. They have various levels
of power rollers. Would not advise if using oil base. Cleaning would
suck. With latex, there's a water hose attachment to flush/backflush.

Many people say the Wagner products suck but that hasn't been my
experience with the power roller or the paint sprayer I used for the
outside. But I tend to be an oddball. I read the directions, generally
follow them and take the time to clean tools well.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Red Green wrote:

Why are you asking?

It's spam, Red. The fake OP thanks you for reposting the SUCKO company
link yet again. If we'd all tell them to **** off, they likely will. As
long as a significant portion of you buy into the ruse, the problem will
grow.

painting a ceiling alecgreen UK diy 17 February 19th 09 11:27 AM
glazing with glazol-- drying time and painting KOS Home Ownership 1 November 2nd 08 12:04 PM
Cure time before painting drywall Dennis Home Repair 11 October 8th 08 06:15 PM
painting ceiling steve UK diy 4 October 10th 06 09:26 PM
painting a map onto a ceiling [email protected] Home Ownership 7 June 10th 05 04:53 AM