Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pella windows not warrrented w/EIFS

-------------------------------------

I have new construction and have a concern with PELLA windows. In the fine
print it says"PELLA products "should not" (in bold letters) be used in a
barrier systems, which do not allow for proper management of moisture
within the wall systems, such as Exterior Insulation Finish Systems (EIFS)
(also known as synethic stucco) or simular systems. So if any EIF is used
they are out of being responsible as far as I read -if there is any
leakage or other problems.
Any comments problems encountered. I shy away from these windows now
since I am looking t Stucco real and EIF with an inch of sheathing.
Lisa

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 5, 12:17*pm, (lisa6801) wrote:
-------------------------------------

I have new construction and have a concern with PELLA windows. In the fine
print it says"PELLA products "should not" (in bold letters) be used in a
barrier systems, which do not allow for proper management of moisture
within the wall systems, such as Exterior Insulation Finish Systems (EIFS)
(also known as synethic stucco) or simular systems. *So if any EIF is used
they are out of being responsible as far as I read -if there is any
leakage or other problems.
*Any comments problems encountered. *I shy away from these windows now
since I am looking t Stucco real and *EIF with an inch of sheathing.

The operative phrase is "which do not allow for proper management of
moisture within the wall systems". There are different ways to
accomplish this with EIFs. Contact some EIFs manufacturer's and ask
them how they deal with the issue. If they say a barrier EIF system
is fine if installed properly, find another manufacturer.

http://jen.sagepub.com/cgi/content/a...tract/23/2/159

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 5, 11:17*am, (lisa6801) wrote:
-------------------------------------

I have new construction and have a concern with PELLA windows. In the fine
print it says"PELLA products "should not" (in bold letters) be used in a
barrier systems, which do not allow for proper management of moisture
within the wall systems, such as Exterior Insulation Finish Systems (EIFS)
(also known as synethic stucco) or simular systems. *So if any EIF is used
they are out of being responsible as far as I read -if there is any
leakage or other problems.
*Any comments problems encountered. *I shy away from these windows now
since I am looking t Stucco real and *EIF with an inch of sheathing.
Lisa

Delivered via *http://www.thestuccocompany.com/

Its not leakage, its rot im guessing. Pellas condense in winter before
my Andersons, use the Condensing factor rating CDF. My Pellas suck,
they condense and drip when the Anderson dont. I bet this statement is
from tight houses leaving Pella to replace windows from rot. Ratings
are there to compare brands