DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bamboo flooring glue down to concrete slab (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/279740-bamboo-flooring-glue-down-concrete-slab.html)

drew June 5th 09 04:13 AM

Bamboo flooring glue down to concrete slab

I am getting ready to install 5/8" bamboo flooring down to a concrete
slab and have hit a stumbling block. I removed my wonderfully cheap
linoleum and found a crack in the slab that appears to allow some
moisture through at some point. I have moisture tested the floor in
other areas using the quick and dirty 24" square of 6 mil poly sealed
down and it passes. I(f I end up installing the bamboo floor, I am
going to get a more thorough test done) . So my question is,how
should I patch the crack and is there a vapor barrier system that
would be appropriate for this installation? I had planned on using
Roberts 1408 adhesive. I know that bostik has a system of mvp and
bostik best but I have had a hard time finding in my area. Can I use
asphalt mastic to glue down 15lb roof felt and then glue my floor on
top of that? Any other ideas.

Thanks for the help

Drew

ChairMan June 5th 09 04:46 AM

Bamboo flooring glue down to concrete slab

In ,
drew spewed forth:
[...]

use this and it solves your problem
http://www.sikaconstruction.com/con/con-wfb.htm

look at the Sika Primer MB and SikaBond-T35

Joe June 5th 09 07:59 PM

On Jun 4, 10:13*pm, drew wrote:
I am getting ready to install 5/8" bamboo flooring down to a concrete
slab and have hit a stumbling block. I removed my wonderfully cheap
linoleum and found a crack in the slab that appears to allow some
moisture through at some point. I have moisture tested the floor in
other areas using the quick and dirty 24" square of 6 mil poly sealed
down and it passes. *I(f I end up installing the bamboo floor, I am
going to get a more thorough test done) . *So my question is,how
should I patch the crack

snip

Google 'epoxy concrete crack patch' and pick out a system that appeals
to you. There are a number of firms supplying the construction
industry with robust products to deal with such issues. With that
problem out of the way you can use an adhesive system better than tar
paper and asphalt acumpucky.

Joe

HeyBub[_3_] June 5th 09 10:02 PM

drew wrote:
[...]

An alternative is to put down a vapor barrier then install no-glue,
click-type bamboo laminate.