Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - Heavy Equipment Oops!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pict...9.html?image=2

-or-

http://preview.tinyurl.com/pjaelj
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Jun 4, 8:38*am, Red Green wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pict...esoftheday/544...

-or-

http://preview.tinyurl.com/pjaelj

Shakes my confidence in Chinese engineering/steel.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/4/2009 10:13 AM, Joe wrote:
On Jun 4, 8:38 am, Red wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pict...esoftheday/544...

-or-

http://preview.tinyurl.com/pjaelj

Shakes my confidence in Chinese engineering/steel.

Have you ever worked in a machine shop that attempted to source
"quality" steel forgings from China?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ryan P wrote in
:

On 6/4/2009 10:13 AM, Joe wrote:
On Jun 4, 8:38 am, Red wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pict...resoftheday/54
4...

-or-

http://preview.tinyurl.com/pjaelj

Shakes my confidence in Chinese engineering/steel.

Have you ever worked in a machine shop that attempted to source
"quality" steel forgings from China?

Sounds like they need to stick to making cheap **** out of plastic!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 4, 3:24*pm, Red Green wrote:
Ryan P wrote :

On 6/4/2009 10:13 AM, Joe wrote:
On Jun 4, 8:38 am, Red *wrote:
*http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pict...resoftheday/54
*4...

*-or-

*http://preview.tinyurl.com/pjaelj

Shakes my confidence in Chinese engineering/steel.

* Have you ever worked in a machine shop that attempted to source
"quality" steel forgings from China? *

Sounds like they need to stick to making cheap **** out of plastic!

Right, because nothing like that would ever happen in the US.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/15/wa.../15bridge.html

Let the arguments begin.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/4/2009 3:20 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Jun 4, 3:24 pm, Red wrote:
Ryan wrote :

On 6/4/2009 10:13 AM, Joe wrote:
On Jun 4, 8:38 am, Red wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pict...resoftheday/54
4...

-or-

http://preview.tinyurl.com/pjaelj

Shakes my confidence in Chinese engineering/steel.

Have you ever worked in a machine shop that attempted to source
"quality" steel forgings from China?

Sounds like they need to stick to making cheap **** out of plastic!

Right, because nothing like that would ever happen in the US.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/15/wa.../15bridge.html

Interestingly, they claim that the bridge was designed with a "weak"
plate to join girders, but then they immediately follow that up with
information about how the City added more weight to the bridge.

Makes one want to know if the design was "weak" when it was designed,
or was "weak" by today's standards.

Let the arguments begin.

Nah. One political thread at a time is more than enough.