Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Use Bing

Hey, someone needs to give 600-lb. gorilla Google a run for their money.
(Even if it is Micro$oft.)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/4/2009 12:19 AM David Nebenzahl spake thus:

Hey, someone needs to give 600-lb. gorilla Google a run for their money.
(Even if it is Micro$oft.)

Hmm; those geeks over @ Slashdot
(http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?.../05/28/1650226) are always
good for a nice snarky comment:

o Bing goes 'beyond the traditional search engines to help you make
faster, more informed decisions' by combining a 'great search engine'
with organized results.

Organized Results as in "higher rating the more you pay us"?

o Hum...Let' see..

* 1 - Make crappy search engine.
* 2 - Fail at taking over the world with crappy search engine
* 3 - Rebrand crappy search engine with new look
* 4 - ??????
* 5 - PROFIT!!

It's just that (4) isn't clear.

o Microsoft staggers in the general direction of where the money is.

o They change the search engine's name in an effort to draw a crowd,
then they **** it up by weighing it down with language that's awful damn
close to the infinitely-scalable enterprise class web 2.0 productivity
enhancement solution corporatespeak that makes people roll their eyes.

Posted to alt.home.repair

on 6/4/2009 3:19 AM (ET) David Nebenzahl wrote the following:
snip
Crosby is dead.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

David Nebenzahl wrote in news:4a2774ea$0$2720
:

Hey, someone needs to give 600-lb. gorilla Google a run for their money.
(Even if it is Micro$oft.)

Dammit! Just when I was getting the Bling thing here comes another curve...
I'm just gonna give up. Get a retro bead curtain and put it in my cargo van
behind the seat.

OT - Ping Bing Cliff Metalworking 4 February 8th 06 12:32 AM
OT - Ping Bing Cliff Metalworking 1 April 10th 05 11:36 AM