Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - Trimmer Carb Adjust

....or point me to a more appropriate group.

5yr old Homelite string trimmer. Has a Zama carb. Adjustment thingys are
not what I've seen in the past. I'm no small engine fixer type.

http://tinypic.com/r/1254ydj/5

I had always seen two screws on springs in the past. This has two plastic
things. White one has a slot. Playing with it it appears to be the idle
adjust. Assume red one is for main but no slot for adjustment and the
little wing things appear to lock the position. Any hints?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 2, 4:03�pm, Red Green wrote:
...or point me to a more appropriate group.

5yr old Homelite string trimmer. Has a Zama carb. Adjustment thingys are
not what I've seen in the past. I'm no small engine fixer type.

http://tinypic.com/r/1254ydj/5

I had always seen two screws on springs in the past. This has two plastic
things. White one has a slot. Playing with it it appears to be the idle
adjust. Assume red one is for main but no slot for adjustment and the
little wing things appear to lock the position. Any hints?

Those are the same adjusters you have seen in the past. They have the
little red/white caps to limit the users adjusting. One is high speed
and the other Low speed. Many times they have to be popped off in
order to get the proper adjustment, then pushed back on.

If you decide to remove them and adjust them yourself, count the
number of turns from bottom ( seated) before you start your
adjustment. Then put them back to where they were originally, then
adjust from there.

Hank
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Hustlin' Hank" wrote in
:

[...]

Do you know if they are suppose to just pull out and reveal a needle
screw head?

I did give the red one (main?) a little pull with some pliers. It came
out some and appeared to hit a stop. From the outside I didn't notice
anything causing the stop. Don't know if somehow inside there's like a c-
clip or something. Don't wanna bust anything out of ignorance.

Just happened to notice. The carb rebuild kit has no needles or o-rings
in it. Kinda odd I would think.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 3, 11:36�pm, Red Green wrote:

Do you know if they are suppose to just pull out and reveal a needle
screw head?

I did give the red one (main?) a little pull with some pliers. It came
out some and appeared to hit a stop. From the outside I didn't notice
anything causing the stop. Don't know if somehow inside there's like a c-
clip or something. Don't wanna bust anything out of ignorance.

Just happened to notice. The carb rebuild kit has no needles or o-rings
in it. Kinda odd I would think.-

They'll pop off and then expose a scew head to turn. You may have to
pry them off. There isn't any clip holding them.

Hank

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Hustlin' Hank" wrote in
:

On Jun 3, 11:36�pm, Red Green wrote:

Do you know if they are suppose to just pull out and reveal a needle
screw head?

I did give the red one (main?) a little pull with some pliers. It
came out some and appeared to hit a stop. From the outside I didn't
notice anything causing the stop. Don't know if somehow inside
there's like a c- clip or something. Don't wanna bust anything out of
ignorance.

Just happened to notice. The carb rebuild kit has no needles or
o-rings in it. Kinda odd I would think.-

They'll pop off and then expose a scew head to turn. You may have to
pry them off. There isn't any clip holding them.

Hank

Thanks for the response Hank.

Snowblower Carb rebuild gone bad? Jim Elbrecht Home Repair 6 December 4th 07 12:54 AM
Weedeater XT 300 Carb adjust Binder Dundat Home Repair 3 June 19th 07 11:16 PM
string trimmer carb problem [email protected] Home Repair 3 July 18th 06 06:12 PM
Carb Adjustments ? Patch Home Repair 5 June 1st 05 11:08 PM
Tecumseh carb 5 hp Craftsman [email protected] Home Repair 1 January 25th 05 04:00 PM