Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cracked Rendering and Repairs

Hi,

first time poster.

Having recently moved into a new home, a three bed semi, the back wall
is in need of repair. The rendering is badly cracked and a proper job
is required to replace it.

I have a couple of questions if anyone can help; the first is roughly
how much do you think this would cost? It's only the one wall on a
standard sized house.
The second question is whether or not it would be worth considering
using one of these 30 year coatings I am reading about.

Does anyone have any advice?

Many thanks

--
Chopper25
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Jun 2, 2:16*am, Chopper25
wrote:
Hi,

first time poster.

Having recently moved into a new home, a three bed semi, the back wall
is in need of repair. *The rendering is badly cracked and a proper job
is required to replace it.

I have a couple of questions if anyone can help; the first is roughly
how much do you think this would cost? *It's only the one wall on a
standard sized house.
The second question is whether or not it would be worth considering
using one of these 30 year coatings I am reading about. *

Does anyone have any advice?

Many thanks

--
Chopper25

What do you mean by 'rendering'? Stucco? Adobe? Clapboard? Shingles?
Brick? Stone?

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

Chopper25 wrote:

Hi,

first time spammer.

Does anyone have any advice?

Many thanks

Yes. **** off.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Smitty Two wrote:
Chopper25 wrote:

Hi,

first time spammer.

Does anyone have any advice?

Many thanks

Yes. **** off.

Did you mean that reply to someone on alt.hvac?

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

Smitty Two wrote:
Chopper25 wrote:

Hi,

first time spammer.

Does anyone have any advice?

Many thanks

Yes. **** off.

Did you mean that reply to someone on alt.hvac?

No. This was posted through another spam site, some ****ed-up home
improvement site. They've been following in the stucco site's
footprints. Last week they copied one of our regular's postings and
reposted it verbatim, from their portal.

It is safe to assume that *every* posting from *any* website portal
(with the exception of our regular googlegroupers) is a shill post, and
serves as viral advertising.

My campaign against them has attracted several regulars here, for which
I'm thankful. I think we can snuff out the trend if we're persistent
enough in damning them to hell.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

Smitty Two wrote:
Chopper25 wrote:

Hi,

first time spammer.

Does anyone have any advice?

Many thanks

Yes. **** off.

Did you mean that reply to someone on alt.hvac?

No. This was posted through another spam site, some ****ed-up home
improvement site. They've been following in the stucco site's
footprints. Last week they copied one of our regular's postings and
reposted it verbatim, from their portal.

It is safe to assume that *every* posting from *any* website portal
(with the exception of our regular googlegroupers) is a shill post,
and serves as viral advertising.

My campaign against them has attracted several regulars here, for
which I'm thankful. I think we can snuff out the trend if we're
persistent enough in damning them to hell.

Oh.

It looked like an honest question, but you assert it's from a dishonest
site.

Understood.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Chopper25" wrote
Hi,

first time poster.

Hi Chopper! Due to many who post from web sites being spammers, you got a
few notes but you seem legit so far.

Having recently moved into a new home, a three bed semi, the back wall
is in need of repair. The rendering is badly cracked and a proper job
is required to replace it.

I don't know what you mean by 'rendering'. I'll take a reasonable guess at
it though as possibly stucco? (based on you talking of coatings).

I have a couple of questions if anyone can help; the first is roughly
how much do you think this would cost? It's only the one wall on a
standard sized house.

Can't give an estimate because stucco isn't used where I am. I'm the wrong
sort of climate for it. But for those who are, they need to know what you
mean by 'badly cracked'. ie: just unsightly or is it so bad you have water
damage to the base wall? (if that, you have an emergency and it needs to be
fixed ASAP or covered somehow to prevent rotting out the wall).

How deep are the cracks and do they run 'willy nilly' or are they vertical
in seams? (if they run willy-nilly all over, then they are just cracked
stucco due to age, possibly dampness due to not having proper exterior
waterseal when it was time to do it. If vertical, especially if you are
hitting where you can stick a dime or more in there and they are deep, you
have 'settling' and possible slab issues but don't panic, if it's a really
older house like 30 years or more, chances are the base substrate is ok and
you may just need new footers).

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 2, 5:24*pm, "cshenk" wrote:
"Chopper25" wrote

I don't know what you mean by 'rendering'. *I'll take a reasonable guess at
it though as possibly stucco? (based on you talking of coatings).

snip

Pretty sure rendering is English for stucco. Or stucco is American
for rendering, I guess.

cracked plastic repairs [email protected] Home Repair 0 April 18th 08 08:05 AM
House settlement repairs - fixing cracked lintels [email protected] UK diy 7 February 1st 08 03:24 PM
Desktop PC/Server Repairs Apple Mac Repairs [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 December 13th 07 06:44 AM
outside rendering alanjones UK diy 13 December 3rd 05 02:52 AM
Botched repairs over cracked plaster David Home Repair 4 April 29th 04 02:13 PM