Posted to alt.home.repair

Default T-104 timer clock problem.

I am installing a T-104 timer on my pool pumps and am having promblem with
the clock not working. The power supply (220) is connected to terminals
1&3 and the pump is connected to terminals 2&4. The clock came prewired
to terminals A and 1. Do I need to disconnect the wire to Terminal A and
connect it to terminal 3?
-------------------------------------

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Darrell" wrote in message
m...

I am installing a T-104 timer on my pool pumps and am having promblem with
the clock not working. The power supply (220) is connected to terminals
1&3 and the pump is connected to terminals 2&4. The clock came prewired
to terminals A and 1. Do I need to disconnect the wire to Terminal A and
connect it to terminal 3?
-------------------------------------

Yes you do, but be sure that the timer motor is 240 volt. I believe they
install one leg of the timer motor to the "A" terminal when the clock is 120
volt

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "RBM"
wrote:

Yes you do, but be sure that the timer motor is 240 volt. I believe they
install one leg of the timer motor to the "A" terminal when the clock is 120
volt

God dammit. Stop replying to the ****ing spammers. And if you INSIST on
it, then at least remove the spam link.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Smitty Two wrote:
In article , "RBM"
wrote:

Yes you do, but be sure that the timer motor is 240 volt. I believe they
install one leg of the timer motor to the "A" terminal when the clock is 120
volt

God dammit. Stop replying to the ****ing spammers. And if you INSIST on
it, then at least remove the spam link.

Yea, replace it with an Armour Treet link.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article , "RBM"
wrote:

Yes you do, but be sure that the timer motor is 240 volt. I believe they
install one leg of the timer motor to the "A" terminal when the clock is
120
volt

God dammit. Stop replying to the ****ing spammers. And if you INSIST on
it, then at least remove the spam link.

God dammit??? You need to lighten up, it's bad for your pressure. I hadn't
realized it was a spammer. Did it somehow injure you that I replied? If I
don't remove the spam link, are you unable to stop yourself from clicking on
it?
Maybe I'm missing something, if so, please enlighten me

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article , "RBM"
wrote:

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article , "RBM"
wrote:

Yes you do, but be sure that the timer motor is 240 volt. I believe
they
install one leg of the timer motor to the "A" terminal when the clock
is
120
volt

God dammit. Stop replying to the ****ing spammers. And if you INSIST on
it, then at least remove the spam link.

God dammit??? You need to lighten up, it's bad for your pressure. I
hadn't
realized it was a spammer. Did it somehow injure you that I replied? If I
don't remove the spam link, are you unable to stop yourself from clicking
on
it?
Maybe I'm missing something, if so, please enlighten me

There are two websites that are using a.h.r. to jack up their search
engine ratings by posting shill messages here. They offer a portal to
this newsgroup, ostensibly as a "service to their readers." The
overwhelming majority of the posts are entirely fictional, posted by the
owners of the websites. They always include the link to their website,
twice on each post. Every respondent then reposts the link, twice more.
It's a form of viral advertising.

It's abusive in several ways, not the least of which is that many
regulars invest substantial time and energy into replies, and lengthy
threads develop, and of course the phony OP never comes back.

Last week, one of those sites copied an entire post by one of our
regulars verbatim, and reposted it from their own portal. That's
stooping pretty low.

I've taken on these guys as my personal mission. Sometimes I'm polite,
and sometimes I'm shorter-fused. I know we don't all read every post,
but I've brought it up often enough, as have several others, that I
figured the regulars here would know about it by now. I'd like your help
in discouraging any posts from either the stucco site, or the home
improvement banter site.

No problem, I'll try to be more conscientious. What sites should I be
looking for?

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "RBM"
wrote:

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article , "RBM"
wrote:

[...]

It's a form of viral advertising. The intention in this case isn't to
seduce the reader into clicking on a link, only to boost their search
results ranking by spamming us.

It's abusive in several ways, not the least of which is that many
regulars invest substantial time and energy into replies, and lengthy
threads develop, and of course the phony OP never comes back.

Last week, one of those sites copied an entire post by one of our
regulars verbatim, and reposted it from their own portal. That's
stooping pretty low.

I've taken on these guys as my personal mission. Sometimes I'm polite,
and sometimes I'm shorter-fused. I know we don't all read every post,
but I've brought it up often enough, as have several others, that I
figured the regulars here would know about it by now. I'd like your help
in discouraging any posts from either the stucco site, or the home
improvement banter site.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "RBM"
wrote:

No problem, I'll try to be more conscientious. What sites should I be
looking for?

The Stucco Company
Home Improvement Banter

Clock changing problem [email protected] Home Repair 4 November 4th 07 10:15 PM
Timer/clock in circa 1978 electric range trader-of-some-jacks Home Repair 4 November 29th 05 03:50 AM
Odd clock problem Jim Scott UK diy 12 June 17th 05 03:32 PM
RCA VCR clock problem David Foster Electronics Repair 3 October 15th 04 03:19 PM
Sime boiler clock/timer Dan Gravell UK diy 0 October 11th 04 08:40 AM