DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Craftsman Lawn tractor Wiring Harness (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/279488-craftsman-lawn-tractor-wiring-harness.html)

redwing30 June 1st 09 02:14 AM

Craftsman Lawn tractor Wiring Harness

I have 2002 Sears Craftsman LTX 1000 Garden Tractor/Lawnmower/Desert Gold
color
42 inch cut, electric PTO blade clutch. Mgf. model # 944.601751
The problem is the main electric wiring harness running between the
ignition
keyed switch and the main fuse has melted due to an electrical short. I
need
to replace the entire wiring harness and I am unable to find a part number
for
the wiring harness or who actually made the tractor for Sears.
Call to Sears customer Service are no help, they need a part number.
Any ideas out there who in the USA would have actually manufactured the
wiring
harness?
Thanks

Smitty Two June 1st 09 04:17 AM

Craftsman Lawn tractor Wiring Harness

In article ,
(redwing30) wrote:

I have 2002 Sears Craftsman LTX 1000 Garden Tractor/dickmulcher/Desert Gold
color
The problem is that I'm a ****ing moron.

Yes, agreed. Tell the suck-o company to **** off. We have a back door in
here, but you have to know the password.

And we don't give a **** what color your tractor is, either.

MLD June 1st 09 05:09 PM

Craftsman Lawn tractor Wiring Harness

"redwing30" wrote in message
m...
I have 2002 Sears Craftsman LTX 1000 Garden Tractor/Lawnmower/Desert Gold
color
42 inch cut, electric PTO blade clutch. Mgf. model # 944.601751
The problem is the main electric wiring harness running between the
ignition
keyed switch and the main fuse has melted due to an electrical short. I
need
to replace the entire wiring harness and I am unable to find a part number
for
the wiring harness or who actually made the tractor for Sears.
Call to Sears customer Service are no help, they need a part number.
Any ideas out there who in the USA would have actually manufactured the
wiring
harness?
Thanks

Your tractor should have come with two manuals--one of them is devoted to a
parts breakdown of all the systems of the tractor including the wiring
harness. You should also be able to view it on-line based on the tractor
model number.
MLD