DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Riding mower wont go (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/279481-riding-mower-wont-go.html)

Herb Eneva May 31st 09 08:04 PM

Riding mower wont go

I was cutting the grass with my murray riding mower with the B&S 15 hp
engine and doing real good. I was in third gear when I hit an old tree
stump hard. The mower stopped and now will not move and the blades will
not turn. The engine runs fine but the pulleys for the motion belt and
the blade belt do not turn. Could this be a
broken shear pin? If so how do I fix it? What else could it be?
Thanks for any advice Herb

RBM[_2_] May 31st 09 08:23 PM

Riding mower wont go

"Herb Eneva" wrote in message
I was cutting the grass with my murray riding mower with the B&S 15 hp
engine and doing real good. I was in third gear when I hit an old tree
stump hard. The mower stopped and now will not move and the blades will
not turn. The engine runs fine but the pulleys for the motion belt and
the blade belt do not turn. Could this be a
broken shear pin? If so how do I fix it? What else could it be?
Thanks for any advice Herb

I would remove the deck and see if any of the blade spindles have bent. With
the deck off you should be able to turn all the spindles by hand, freely

Ed Pawlowski May 31st 09 08:37 PM

Riding mower wont go

"Herb Eneva" wrote in message
I was cutting the grass with my murray riding mower with the B&S 15 hp
engine and doing real good. I was in third gear when I hit an old tree
stump hard. The mower stopped and now will not move and the blades will
not turn. The engine runs fine but the pulleys for the motion belt and
the blade belt do not turn. Could this be a
broken shear pin? If so how do I fix it? What else could it be?
Thanks for any advice Herb

Could be. The manual should show the location of it and how to replace it.
Most decent hardware stores carry pins.

WhiteTea June 1st 09 02:16 AM

Riding mower wont go

On May 31, 1:04*pm, (Herb Eneva) wrote:
* I was cutting the grass with my murray riding mower with the B&S 15 hp
engine and doing real good. I was in third gear when I hit an old tree
stump hard. The mower stopped and now will not move and the blades will
not turn. *The engine runs fine but the pulleys for the motion belt and
the blade belt do not turn. * * * * * * * * * * * * Could this be a
broken shear pin? If so how do I fix it? What else could it be?
Thanks for any advice * * Herb

I used a flat punch to knock out the ones I have replaced.

Good luck,
Andy