Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Heoneywell RTH7500 indoor temp too high

Hello, We have had a Carrier Heat Pump with a Honeywell thermostate for
over 5 years without a problem. Not sure what model number the T-stat is.
When I came home Friday, it said te indoor temp was 92, yet it was very
cold, mid 70's inside. I assumed the sensor went bad. We've wanted a
programable unit, so we bought a Honeywell RTH7500 and installed it. This
unit is also reading in the 90's for an indoor temp.

The T-Stat is mounted on an exterior wall, but a laser temp finder shows
the wall to be 80 degrees and the T-State is 78 degrees. Any ideas on why
the original unit, and the new unit are showing and indoor temp nearly 10
degrees higher than it should be?

Thanks,
Doug

Posted to alt.home.repair

Learn to spell. Learn to post to usenet the regular way.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"dougs70" wrote in
message
m...

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

Learn to spell. Learn to post to usenet the regular way.

And you, Chris, please learn to NOT repost the SPAM link !!!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" top-posted:

Learn to spell. Learn to post to usenet the regular way.

And left the spammers link in the message which was repeated below the
'Mormon's' sig delimiter, so it doesn't get re-posted be a 'regular'
news reader.

Nothing like a little irony with my coffee this AM.

Jim
[BTW, Chris- I've blocked all the messages from the s_t_ucco company's
site- so I only see replies- it is easy to do with a *regular*
newsreader.]
Posted to alt.home.repair

dougs70 wrote:
Hello, We have had a Carrier Heat Pump with a Honeywell thermostate for
over 5 years without a problem. Not sure what model number the T-stat is.
When I came home Friday, it said te indoor temp was 92, yet it was very
cold, mid 70's inside. I assumed the sensor went bad. We've wanted a
programable unit, so we bought a Honeywell RTH7500 and installed it. This
unit is also reading in the 90's for an indoor temp.

The T-Stat is mounted on an exterior wall, but a laser temp finder shows
the wall to be 80 degrees and the T-State is 78 degrees. Any ideas on why
the original unit, and the new unit are showing and indoor temp nearly 10
degrees higher than it should be?

Thanks,
Doug

If you don't seal the hole in the wall that the
wiring comes through, you're going to have a
problem, especially on an exterior wall. In the
winter you will have the opposite problem. Even
if the thermostat is mounted on an interior wall,
you should always close up the hole where the
thermostat wiring comes through. New thermostats
are sometimes supplied with a piece of foam to
be installed behind them to block the air.

TDD

High temp silicone visionset UK diy 4 September 20th 07 11:43 PM
High temp. connectors? Phil Scott Electronics Repair 2 May 1st 05 04:51 PM
High temp. connectors? Asimov Electronics Repair 1 April 26th 05 11:32 PM
Anyone using 3M 2214 high temp epoxy? I need a little.. Mark Metalworking 0 January 3rd 05 09:03 PM
Homebuilding High Temp Furnace. Roger N Metalworking 16 September 3rd 03 06:56 PM