Posted to alt.home.repair

Default geo thermal

My next door neighbour is considering installing geo-thermal heating and
cooling using a heat pump 20-25 feet away from my deck. Should I be
concerned about the noise? I like things quiet. Any thought? Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"RemiRemi" wrote in message
My next door neighbour is considering installing geo-thermal heating and
cooling using a heat pump 20-25 feet away from my deck. Should I be
concerned about the noise? I like things quiet. Any thought? Thanks.

I have two geothermal units and nothing is visable outside.

Posted to alt.home.repair

A geothermal system does not need an outdoor unit. The unit could be
placed in his mome, in the garage or under the house. I built a room on
the side of my house JUST large enough to hold the unit and provide room
for servicing it (very small service area was needed).

Instead of coils that you blow outside air over to warm them (in winter)
and cool them (in summer), you have the coils in the same unit as the
compressor and you flow water over them to warm or cool them. In my case
the water from the grould was about 55 F year around. Water is a vastly
better heat transfer medium that air so the coils are MUCH smaller. Also,
how hard is to ari condition when you are trying to pump heat from your
home into a 55 degree medium that when when trying to pump it into 95
degree air (similar situation in winter).

On Fri, 29 May 2009 12:44:04 -0700, "RemiRemi"
wrote:

My next door neighbour is considering installing geo-thermal heating and
cooling using a heat pump 20-25 feet away from my deck. Should I be
concerned about the noise? I like things quiet. Any thought? Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

RemiRemi wrote:
My next door neighbour is considering installing geo-thermal heating and
cooling using a heat pump 20-25 feet away from my deck. Should I be
concerned about the noise? I like things quiet. Any thought? Thanks.

The heat pump is placed inside on geothermal systems. You won't even
know it is there.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"RemiRemi" wrote in message
My next door neighbour is considering installing geo-thermal heating and
cooling using a heat pump 20-25 feet away from my deck. Should I be
concerned about the noise? I like things quiet. Any thought? Thanks.

The outside equipment are tubes with working fluid (like antifreeze) running
through them, buried deeply underground where the temperature is a constant
55 F all year. The fluid pumps summer heat into the ground, and extracts
winter heat from the ground into the house. Fluid running through tubes
buried deeply will not have surface noise.

Once the job is complete, you will have no effect.

However, be aware they will probably dig a vertical channel rather than
horizontal, which means they will be digging a very deep channel into your
neighbor's property, many feet deep. The digging will probably be noisy and
may take a couple of days. It will also be unsightly until the hole is
refilled and cleaned up.

Once done, you won't know it's there.

Need a thermal switch DanaK Home Repair 3 June 24th 06 08:56 PM
Thermal Arc LT-300 SCOTT Metalworking 3 March 19th 06 01:14 AM
Thermal Arc 351 jw Metalworking 0 March 15th 06 03:42 PM
Thermal Adhesive ? CitizenRuth Electronics Repair 4 July 26th 05 07:59 PM
Thermal Store Grunff UK diy 47 April 1st 05 12:24 AM