Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Yard Machines tiller experience, anyone?

I have a Yard Machines tiller, 5.5 horse engine, that is about 2.5 years
old. It works well enough, but after 2 years (right after the warranty
expired) the handle broke. I'm guessing it just isn't strong enough for the
tiller. It broke on one side, and it was cracking on the other. So $80 later
I have a new handle. The shield above the blades is cracking, and if it
continues I'll have to replace that also. I'm begginning to suspect that
this just isn't a very high quality machine. Anyone have exprience with Yard
Machine tillers, good or bad?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 28 May 2009 11:04:03 -0700, "Zootal"
wrote:

I have a Yard Machines tiller, 5.5 horse engine, that is about 2.5 years
old. It works well enough, but after 2 years (right after the warranty
expired) the handle broke. I'm guessing it just isn't strong enough for the
tiller. It broke on one side, and it was cracking on the other. So $80 later
I have a new handle. The shield above the blades is cracking, and if it
continues I'll have to replace that also. I'm begginning to suspect that
this just isn't a very high quality machine. Anyone have exprience with Yard
Machine tillers, good or bad?

"yard machines" is the low-buck MTD product. Not much to recommend any
of their products as the corrugated box they come in is likely to
outlast the product itself.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "Zootal" wrote:
I have a Yard Machines tiller, 5.5 horse engine, that is about 2.5 years
old. It works well enough, but after 2 years (right after the warranty
expired) the handle broke. I'm guessing it just isn't strong enough for the
tiller. It broke on one side, and it was cracking on the other. So $80 later
I have a new handle. The shield above the blades is cracking, and if it
continues I'll have to replace that also. I'm begginning to suspect that
this just isn't a very high quality machine. Anyone have exprience with Yard
Machine tillers, good or bad?

No experience with Yard Machine tillers, no, but if their tillers aren't any
better made than their riding lawnmowers, I'm surprised that it lasted as long
as it did.