DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT - Amusing: What's This? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/279184-ot-amusing-whats.html)

Red Green May 27th 09 05:06 AM

OT - Amusing: What's This?

First two don't tell much at all. 3rd one gives a bigger picture.

http://tinypic.com/r/j7rokw/5
http://tinypic.com/r/wvamv8/5
http://tinypic.com/r/27zi1z4/5

Scroll down for the story when you're done guessing.

..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..

..
..
..
Word is it's a mattress that got run over. Managed to get hung up
underneath. Under that mound of wire in the 3rd is the driveshaft. Who
knows what really happened. Interesting pics though.

Steve Barker[_5_] May 27th 09 06:16 AM

OT - Amusing: What's This?

Red Green wrote:
First two don't tell much at all. 3rd one gives a bigger picture.

http://tinypic.com/r/j7rokw/5
http://tinypic.com/r/wvamv8/5
http://tinypic.com/r/27zi1z4/5

Scroll down for the story when you're done guessing.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
Word is it's a mattress that got run over. Managed to get hung up
underneath. Under that mound of wire in the 3rd is the driveshaft. Who
knows what really happened. Interesting pics though.

Well it started out as being a blonde driver thing when i received the
story last week in email. I seriously doubt it was a blonde. (probably
a man) and that she drove it till it ran out of gas because the
mattress wire and springs had punctured the fuel tank. Either way, it's
obviously not a staged or manipulated photo. Some dumass driver
actually did this to their car. Should have their license pulled.

Stormin Mormon May 27th 09 01:11 PM

OT - Amusing: What's This?

What's with the blacked out eyes? Like people are afraid
that someone will recognize them?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Colbyt May 27th 09 02:08 PM

OT - Amusing: What's This?

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
What's with the blacked out eyes? Like people are afraid
that someone will recognize them?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org

I would suspect that the photographer had no model release forms from the
people in the picture. While the argument could be made that this way a
bona-fide news story he/she choose to be cautious.

Colbyt

Steve Barker[_5_] May 27th 09 02:10 PM

OT - Amusing: What's This?

Stormin Mormon wrote:
What's with the blacked out eyes? Like people are afraid
that someone will recognize them?

i wondered about that also when i first got the pictures. Perhaps
they're in the mechanic protection program.

Lefty[_2_] May 27th 09 07:26 PM

OT - Amusing: What's This?

SSSSSHHHHHH!!!!!!! That's a good way to get yourself reported to "the
bureau".

Maybe those people are'nt really auto mechanics. ;-)

Red Green May 27th 09 07:49 PM

OT - Amusing: What's This?

Steve Barker wrote in
:

Red Green wrote:
[...]

That's why I stripped all the text out of the email I got. 99% chance it
was BS. But like I said, the pics of the mess are amusing.

Red Green May 27th 09 07:50 PM

OT - Amusing: What's This?

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:gvjan2
:

What's with the blacked out eyes? Like people are afraid
that someone will recognize them?

Must be a union thing :-)

DerbyDad03 May 27th 09 11:04 PM

OT - Amusing: What's This?

On May 27, 2:08*am, wrote:
On Tue, 26 May 2009 23:06:25 -0500, Red Green
wrote:

First two don't tell much at all. 3rd one gives a bigger picture.

http://tinypic.com/r/j7rokw/5
http://tinypic.com/r/wvamv8/5
http://tinypic.com/r/27zi1z4/5

I have had 2 similar experiences. I picked up a plastic grocery bag on
US41 one day and it trashed the seal on the differential in minutes
... bummer

A stopped to help a guy with a 200HP outboard in the river who had run
over a crab pot and it looked similar to the pictures above except it
twisted up into a cone behind the prop. He thought it would come off
by itself I guess and tried to keep going.
Fortunately I had tools and two of us worked about a half hour with 2
pairs of vice grips and wire cutters to get that mess off his prop.
Good news was he was able to go home under his own power. I told him
to watch for oil leaks *;-)

My son pulled in the driveway with his car smelling like something was
burning. He said it had been doing all day, but he looked under the
dash and hood and couldn't find anything.

I looked under the car saw a black stain and some gunk on the
catalytic converter.

Turns out he ran over a plastic bag from a grocery store and it melted
onto the converter. It took a few days before the smell finally went
away.

Red Green May 27th 09 11:09 PM

OT - Amusing: What's This?

DerbyDad03 wrote in news:04a2cc3e-c441-4356-9e8d-
:

wrote:

[...]

Well at least it wasn't some road varmint BBQ'n on it.

The Daring Dufas[_7_] May 27th 09 11:40 PM

OT - Amusing: What's This?

wrote:

[...]

Back when cataclysmic (sic) converters were first put
on vehicles there were a surprising number of grass
fires started until engineers figured out that there
should be a grass shield installed under the converter.

TDD

Stormin Mormon May 27th 09 11:46 PM

OT - Amusing: What's This?

I think I remember those days, when the cadillac converters
started grass fires. We had to watch for that, when doing
parking lot duty at the local fair.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus