DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   HF Cordless Multi-function tool (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/278908-hf-cordless-multi-function-tool.html)

HeyBub[_3_] May 23rd 09 08:27 PM

HF Cordless Multi-function tool

New product. Uses Lithium batteries, Sixty bucks.

Can be used for slashing tires in parking lot, carving Halloween pumpkins,
removing deer antlers in the field, cutting loose the **!@* fishing line
from propeller.

ransley May 23rd 09 08:33 PM

On May 23, 2:27*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
New product. Uses Lithium batteries, Sixty bucks.

Can be used for slashing tires in parking lot, carving Halloween pumpkins,
removing deer antlers in the field, cutting loose the **!@* fishing line
from propeller.

Here they are used to relieve you of your catylitic converters.

David Nebenzahl May 23rd 09 09:42 PM

HF Cordless Multi-function tool

On 5/23/2009 12:33 PM ransley spake thus:

On May 23, 2:27 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:

New product. Uses Lithium batteries, Sixty bucks.

Can be used for slashing tires in parking lot, carving Halloween pumpkins,
removing deer antlers in the field, cutting loose the **!@* fishing line
from propeller.

Here they are used to relieve you of your catylitic converters.

I was going to say, damn HF for giving thieves another great tool.

I had the catalytic (note spelling) converter on my Toyota van neatly
sawed out a couple years ago, probably using a portable sawzall. They
did such a neat job it looked like the pipe had been cut on a bandsaw
with a miter gauge.

Stormin Mormon May 24th 09 03:02 PM

HF Cordless Multi-function tool

I bet that was kind of obvious, when you went to restart the
car the next day? I wonder how much used cadillac (note
spelling) converters go for? Less than new ones, I'd guess.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

.com...

Jim Yanik May 24th 09 03:23 PM

HF Cordless Multi-function tool

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

I bet that was kind of obvious, when you went to restart the
car the next day? I wonder how much used cadillac (note
spelling) converters go for? Less than new ones, I'd guess.

you can't buy used catalytics. I believe it's illegal.

Besides,they recycle the precious metals in them.(platinum/rhodium,IIRC.)

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...

I was going to say, damn HF for giving thieves another great
tool.

I had the catalytic (note spelling) converter on my Toyota
van neatly
sawed out a couple years ago, probably using a portable
sawzall. They
did such a neat job it looked like the pipe had been cut on
a bandsaw
with a miter gauge.

I saw on Truck Universe where some company has come out with a system of
thick wire cables to shield the cats to prevent their being cut off.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

1D10T[_2_] May 25th 09 12:10 AM

HF Cordless Multi-function tool

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
New product. Uses Lithium batteries, Sixty bucks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5MZB3lRAi8

ransley May 25th 09 12:42 AM

HF Cordless Multi-function tool

On May 24, 4:12*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
Jim Yanik wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

I bet that was kind of obvious, when you went to restart the
car the next day? I wonder how much used cadillac (note
spelling) converters go for? Less than new ones, I'd guess.

you can't buy used catalytics. I believe it's illegal.

Besides,they recycle the precious metals in
them.(platinum/rhodium,IIRC.)

It's not illegal to BUY them - maybe SELL...

But you CAN buy them. There's bags and bags of them for sale on Craigslist.

Stormin Mormon May 25th 09 01:08 AM

HF Cordless Multi-function tool

That's some seriously impressive advertisement. I wonder if
the real device works as well? I could see some uses for one
of them.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"1D10T" wrote in message

m...

evodawg[_2_] May 25th 09 03:16 AM

Stormin Mormon wrote:

That's some seriously impressive advertisement. I wonder if
the real device works as well? I could see some uses for one
of them.

I have one and they work great. I was going to buy the Fein for around
350.00 but decided to try the HF for 35.00 and it works pretty well. I was
surprised. I will use it often but not everyday so I hope it lasts a little
while.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

HeyBub[_3_] May 25th 09 05:52 AM

HF Cordless Multi-function tool

1D10T wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
New product. Uses Lithium batteries, Sixty bucks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5MZB3lRAi8

That's an example of why HF's tool is so cheap. They don't speed millions on
high-tech YouTube videos.

ransley May 25th 09 01:14 PM

HF Cordless Multi-function tool

On May 24, 11:52*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
1D10T wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
om...
New product. Uses Lithium batteries, Sixty bucks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5MZB3lRAi8

That's an example of why HF's tool is so cheap. They don't speed millions on
high-tech YouTube videos.

Plastic gears are another reason.