Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair

Default smallest plywood size thickness ?

What is the smallest thickness size of standard plywood ? Is it 1/4 inch
?

Thanks

James

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair

On May 21, 8:19*am, "James" wrote:
What is the smallest thickness size of standard plywood *? *Is it *1/4 *inch
?

In non-standard you can get it as thin as 1/32" - used in scrollsaw
and model making.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"jloomis" wrote in :

Door skin...1/8 " or so.......
jloomis

"James" wrote in message
net...
What is the smallest thickness size of standard plywood ? Is it 1/4
inch
?

Thanks

James

in craft and hobby stores,you can buy plywood 1/16" thick.
It's only 3-layer,and the sheets are not very large.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair

yes, but I am talking about standard plywood, that comes in 4 x 8 sheets,
typically sold in the big box stores.....

Posted to alt.home.repair

thanks, but I am talking about standard 4 x 8 sheets of plywood normally
sold in the big box stores...

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair

"James" wrote in message
net...
yes, but I am talking about standard plywood, that comes in 4 x 8 sheets,
typically sold in the big box stores.....

1/4" for the BORG stores

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 21 May 2009 08:19:46 -0400, "James"
wrote:

What is the smallest thickness size of standard plywood ? Is it 1/4 inch
?

Thanks

James

Bought some 5.2 mm at Lowes Tuesday.
Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair

yes, but I am talking about standard plywood, that comes in 4 x 8 sheets,
typically sold in the big box stores.....

1/4" for the BORG stores

They also have 1/8" birch ply along with the aforementioned "door skins"
If your original post revealed WHY/WHAT size you were looking for, it would
have cut the replies on this thread by 80%

If you question really was: What size ply does HD/Lowes sell ? A couple of
phone calls would have answered your question.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 21 May 2009 22:27:44 -0500, Red Green
wrote:

wrote in
:

wrote:

What is the smallest thickness size of standard plywood ? Is it 1/4
inch ?

Thanks

James

Bought some 5.2 mm at Lowes Tuesday.

The "5.2" rings a bell to me as actually lauan. Not sold as plywood.

Actually 5 ply clear red oak for door inserts.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 21 May 2009 22:27:44 -0500, Red Green
wrote:

wrote in
:

wrote:

What is the smallest thickness size of standard plywood ? Is it 1/4
inch ?

Thanks

James

Bought some 5.2 mm at Lowes Tuesday.

The "5.2" rings a bell to me as actually lauan. Not sold as plywood.

Actually 5 ply clear red oak for cabinet door inserts