DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Administration's new tax proposal (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/277818-re-administrations-new-tax-proposal.html)

Ed Pawlowski May 13th 09 03:07 AM

Administration's new tax proposal

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
"Recipients of real estate rental income that make payments of $600 or
more to a service provider (such as a plumber or accountant) in the course
of earning rental income would be required to send an information return
(generally, Form 1099-MISC) to the IRS and to the service provider.

There will be a lot of contracts for $599

BobR May 13th 09 04:34 PM

On May 12, 9:07*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message

m...

"Recipients of real estate rental income that make payments of $600 or
more to a service provider (such as a plumber or accountant) in the course
of earning rental income would be required to send an information return
(generally, Form 1099-MISC) to the IRS and to the service provider.

There will be a lot of contracts for $599

And those that aren't will be split into multiple jobs for $599 or
less.

Ed Pawlowski May 14th 09 02:40 AM

Administration's new tax proposal

"akaSoetoro" wrote in message
.. .
"HeyBub" wrote in message

m...

"Recipients of real estate rental income that make payments of $600 or
more to a service provider (such as a plumber or accountant) in the
course
of earning rental income would be required to send an information
return
(generally, Form 1099-MISC) to the IRS and to the service provider.
There will be a lot of contracts for $599

And those that aren't will be split into multiple jobs for $599 or
less.

when you 1099 someone it is for income in a year. doesn't matter what the
individual jobs cost.

Right, but Bob Smith charged me $500, Robert Smith charged me $500, Mary
Smith charged me $500. So many ways around this sort of thing it is silly.
The legitimate contractors, of course, will be filling out more paperwork at
the 1099's come in. Just an added step.