DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   GE refrigerator board (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/277074-ge-refrigerator-board.html)

Stormin Mormon May 1st 09 11:05 PM

GE refrigerator board

Got a call today from a lady with a GSS201EMD WW GE
refrigerator. From a net search, EMD might really be EMB.

In any case, the temp in the box isn't dependable. She had
someone out, who replaced the defrost heater. $250 later,
it's still not working right.

What's the common problem that goes wrong? And what to fix,
next?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Han May 1st 09 11:44 PM

GE refrigerator board

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:gtfrqo
:

Got a call today from a lady with a GSS201EMD WW GE
refrigerator. From a net search, EMD might really be EMB.

In any case, the temp in the box isn't dependable. She had
someone out, who replaced the defrost heater. $250 later,
it's still not working right.

What's the common problem that goes wrong? And what to fix,
next?

Reminds me of the handle of the GE microwave that broke off. The repair
lasted just a few weeks. Then the repairguy (Sears) said it needed a
complete new door, with a this and a that. Parts were ordered. In the
mean time I glued the broken handle back on with gorilla glue. When the
repairman came again, he concluded that another essential part was missing
and agreed that my repair was more cost effective, and we were never
charged for the second repair.

This is going to be my last GE appliance.

--
Best regards
Han

Pete C. May 2nd 09 12:22 AM

GE refrigerator board

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Got a call today from a lady with a GSS201EMD WW GE
refrigerator. From a net search, EMD might really be EMB.

In any case, the temp in the box isn't dependable. She had
someone out, who replaced the defrost heater. $250 later,
it's still not working right.

What's the common problem that goes wrong? And what to fix,
next?

Not familiar with that model. Does it have any motorized dampers? On my
GE profile arctica a motorized damper door broke and resulted in temps
too cold in the fridge side. If it broke in a different position it
could have gone too warm. At any rate the door was only available in a
complete assembly for like $160 so I fab'd a new door in my shop for
about $5 and 30 minutes. It's worked fine for 4+ years so far.

Rick Samuel[_2_] May 2nd 09 08:03 AM

GE refrigerator board

So what your saying Stormy is:
There is a lady that got screwed by a supposed tech and $250 later it
is not working right.
Now, you want to take a crack at it and see if you can screw her some
more.
Leave it alone. Let her call a competent tech and get it fixed right
the first time.
Bubba

NO NO you call a salesman (woman) (person) (whatever) and buy a good
fridge, ****can the GE