Posted to alt.home.repair

Default seeking 12 feet 5" exhaust hose

I am seeking 12 to 15 feet long 5" diameter exhaust hose.
This is the Royal protable air conditioner I purchased at Costco.
This is picture of this protable air conditioner exhaust hose:
http://www.royalfulfillmentcorp.com/...1/ack09135.jpg
ARP-1000E or ARP-1000DE. This part can be twisted into the inner adapter
(which goes on the back of the air conditioner) and the flat (outer) adapter
(which goes on the end of the exhaust hose and into the window spacer) to
exhaust the hot air outside. This exhaust hose is 5 inches in diameter and
can extended 5 feet in length.
I think this hose is made of vinyl with wire around the hose. They only have
5 feet long hose. But I need 12 feet long. Can you please tell me where to
buy longer hose? Thank you.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

A J Wright wrote:
I am seeking 12 to 15 feet long 5" diameter exhaust hose.

5 feet long hose. But I need 12 feet long. Can you please tell me where
to buy longer hose? Thank you.

I'd suggest completing the run w/ HVAC duct instead -- for that length
you'll want to minimize pressure drop.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 27, 2:00*pm, "A J Wright" wrote:
They only have
5 feet long hose. But I need 12 feet long. Can you please tell me where to
buy longer hose? Thank you.

There is a reason the hose is only 5 feet long.

The air conditioner's exhaust fan is only sized to push the air
through 5 feet of hose. A longer hose will kill the air conditioner's
efficiency by restricting the airflow and giving the warm air 2-1/2
times as much surface area to pass its heat back into the room. It's a
double-whammy.

Those kinds of air conditioners are meant to be placed near a window.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2009-04-27, A J Wright wrote:

I am seeking 12 to 15 feet long 5" diameter exhaust hose. This is
the Royal protable air conditioner I purchased at Costco. This is
picture of this protable air conditioner exhaust hose:
http://www.royalfulfillmentcorp.com/...1/ack09135.jpg

FYI, portable air conditioners that have only one hose are inherently
less efficient than those with two hoses. The one hose air
conditioners are constantly blowing air from inside your house to
outside, creating a negative pressure in the house. All the air that
leaves will be made up with exterior air, which is unconditioned.

Cheers, Wayne
Posted to alt.home.repair

The windows is 10 feet away from protable air conditioner.
Can you please tell me where to purchase this longer hose?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Since you are hell bent on the 12 ft hose despite the reasonable objections
and views from the users here, I offer this suggestion. Go to your local air
conditioning company and buy 8 feet of 6 inch insulated flex duct. put the 5
inch pipe inside of the 6 inch pipe and seal with duct tape. Throw the end
of the 6 inch pipe out the window.
Problem solved

"A J Wright" wrote in message
The windows is 10 feet away from protable air conditioner.
Can you please tell me where to purchase this longer hose?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"A J Wright" wrote in message
news
I am seeking 12 to 15 feet long 5" diameter exhaust hose.
This is the Royal protable air conditioner I purchased at Costco.
This is picture of this protable air conditioner exhaust hose:
http://www.royalfulfillmentcorp.com/...1/ack09135.jpg
ARP-1000E or ARP-1000DE. This part can be twisted into the inner adapter
(which goes on the back of the air conditioner) and the flat (outer)
adapter
(which goes on the end of the exhaust hose and into the window spacer) to
exhaust the hot air outside. This exhaust hose is 5 inches in diameter and
can extended 5 feet in length.
I think this hose is made of vinyl with wire around the hose. They only
have
5 feet long hose. But I need 12 feet long. Can you please tell me where to
buy longer hose? Thank you.

*Try mcmaster.com. They have all kinds of hose and flexible duct. I
suggest calling the manufacturer of your unit to see if they recommend a
larger diameter hose for longer distance.

Posted to alt.home.repair

5 inch is an uncommon size. If you can adapt up to 6 inch,
will be cheaper. Galvanized HVAC vent will have a lot less
resistance to the flow of air.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"dpb" wrote in message
A J Wright wrote:
I am seeking 12 to 15 feet long 5" diameter exhaust hose.

5 feet long hose. But I need 12 feet long. Can you please
tell me where
to buy longer hose? Thank you.

I'd suggest completing the run w/ HVAC duct instead -- for
that length
you'll want to minimize pressure drop.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Maybe that's why the AC is protable? So you can place it
closer to a win-duh.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"A J Wright" wrote in message
The windows is 10 feet away from protable air conditioner.
Can you please tell me where to purchase this longer hose?

Posted to alt.home.repair

You're so smart! And you even managed to work "duct tape"
into the answer.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"A J Wright" wrote in message
The windows is 10 feet away from protable air conditioner.
Can you please tell me where to purchase this longer hose?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Lol...just ran across this "discussion"...too dam funny...not sure why the PORTABLE AC UNIT on wheels cant be moved closer to a window? Should be a power outlet close to that window as well...agree totally about length..for a reason...just wish the hose was a little easier to work with..way rigid...its all about height and angle with this one not very pliable..lol probably for a good reason..I know. I know....but I did manage to add some teal colored duct tape for the viewing...lol
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to A J Wright, SUENDRA MALHOTRA wrote:
how much it costs?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...se-370279-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to mkirsch1, Glenn Scott Marcano wrote:
exactly, don't extend it

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...se-370279-.htm