Posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,alt.home.repair

Default What to do with dead squirrel?

Last evening I saw it, traumatized by a blow to the head or neck from
the rat trap it had hit in my backyard. The trap was tethered to a tree.
The bugger (or its cousin) has been digging up my newly planted squash
seeds and this is the only way I've been able to control (somewhat) the
problem.

This morning it's surely dead (I saw one, maybe the same one) that was
evidently stunned from hitting the trap a few days ago, looking dead,
but when I turned my back it darted away.

Warm weather is expected the next few days here in Berkeley, CA (~80
degrees) and wonder about putting it in plastic bags (nested) in my
trash container, pickup being Wednesday morning. Call a city agency?
Bury it in my back yard? What would you do?

Dan
Posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,alt.home.repair

"Dan Musicant" wrote in message
Last evening I saw it, traumatized by a blow to the head or neck from
the rat trap it had hit in my backyard. The trap was tethered to a tree.
The bugger (or its cousin) has been digging up my newly planted squash
seeds and this is the only way I've been able to control (somewhat) the
problem.

This morning it's surely dead (I saw one, maybe the same one) that was
evidently stunned from hitting the trap a few days ago, looking dead,
but when I turned my back it darted away.

Warm weather is expected the next few days here in Berkeley, CA (~80
degrees) and wonder about putting it in plastic bags (nested) in my
trash container, pickup being Wednesday morning. Call a city agency?
Bury it in my back yard? What would you do?

Dan

In the trash with it. And, get a roll of chicken wire. Lay pieces on the
ground over your seeds, slightly arched, and weighted down at the edges with
bricks. Works like a charm.

Posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

On Apr 19, 10:24*am, Dan Musicant ) wrote:
Last evening I saw it, traumatized by a blow to the head or neck from
the rat trap it had hit in my backyard. The trap was tethered to a tree.
The bugger (or its cousin) has been digging up my newly planted squash
seeds and this is the only way I've been able to control (somewhat) the
problem.

This morning it's surely dead (I saw one, maybe the same one) that was
evidently stunned from hitting the trap a few days ago, looking dead,
but when I turned my back it darted away.

Warm weather is expected the next few days here in Berkeley, CA (~80
degrees) and wonder about putting it in plastic bags (nested) in my
trash container, pickup being Wednesday morning. Call a city agency?
Bury it in my back yard? What would you do?

Dan

Too bad you waited so long, but it's probably salvageable. Skin it,
gut it, cut it up and add it to spaghetti sauce. They are good eating.
Posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,alt.home.repair

Pat wrote:
[...]

No dead squirrels here, but I do get the occasional dead bird after they
have turf battles with their reflections in my sliding doors (in spite
of keeping them dirty and using those raptor shadow stickers). I just
pick them up with the trusty scoop shovel, and chuck them over the fence
into the woods. Something eats them.

--
aem sends...
Posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,alt.home.repair

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
[...]

http://www.bowhunting.net/susieq/squirrel.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 07:24:41 -0700, Dan Musicant )
wrote:

Last evening I saw it, traumatized by a blow to the head or neck from
the rat trap it had hit in my backyard. The trap was tethered to a tree.
The bugger (or its cousin) has been digging up my newly planted squash
seeds and this is the only way I've been able to control (somewhat) the
problem.

This morning it's surely dead (I saw one, maybe the same one) that was
evidently stunned from hitting the trap a few days ago, looking dead,
but when I turned my back it darted away.

Warm weather is expected the next few days here in Berkeley, CA (~80
degrees) and wonder about putting it in plastic bags (nested) in my
trash container, pickup being Wednesday morning. Call a city agency?
Bury it in my back yard? What would you do?

Dan

If you can get 3 or 4 of them, make squirrel soup. Google for
recipes.
Posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,alt.home.repair

"Dan Musicant" wrote in message
Last evening I saw it, traumatized by a blow to the head or neck from
the rat trap it had hit in my backyard. The trap was tethered to a tree.
The bugger (or its cousin) has been digging up my newly planted squash
seeds and this is the only way I've been able to control (somewhat) the
problem.

This morning it's surely dead (I saw one, maybe the same one) that was
evidently stunned from hitting the trap a few days ago, looking dead,
but when I turned my back it darted away.

Warm weather is expected the next few days here in Berkeley, CA (~80
degrees) and wonder about putting it in plastic bags (nested) in my
trash container, pickup being Wednesday morning. Call a city agency?
Bury it in my back yard? What would you do?

Dan

Got a neighbor you don't like?

Posted to alt.home.repair

:wrote:
:
[...]

I've seen several suggestions (also posted on a forum) to eat it, but
I'm not enthused so far. I'm not a vegetarian but not far from one. I
eat maybe ~2 oz. beef a day, eggs once in a while (not a lot),
occasional fish and chicken. Not putting it down. Maybe if I'd ever
eaten squirrel before I'd be salivating. I once ate rabbit and didn't
like it.

I think I'm going to freeze it in plastic bag and put it out in my trash
can on trash day. Anyway, it's been sitting out there at least 14 hours
now.

Dan
Posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,alt.home.repair

"Dan Musicant" wrote in message
Last evening I saw it, traumatized by a blow to the head or neck from
the rat trap it had hit in my backyard. The trap was tethered to a tree.
The bugger (or its cousin) has been digging up my newly planted squash
seeds and this is the only way I've been able to control (somewhat) the
problem.

This morning it's surely dead (I saw one, maybe the same one) that was
evidently stunned from hitting the trap a few days ago, looking dead,
but when I turned my back it darted away.

Warm weather is expected the next few days here in Berkeley, CA (~80
degrees) and wonder about putting it in plastic bags (nested) in my
trash container, pickup being Wednesday morning. Call a city agency?
Bury it in my back yard? What would you do?

Dan

....only in California....

Posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,alt.home.repair

On Apr 19, 10:29*am, Pat wrote:
[...]

gut it, cut it up and add it to spaghetti sauce. *They are good eating.- Hide quoted text -

I use them in Brunswick stew.

Jimmie
Posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,alt.home.repair

On Apr 19, 12:28*pm, wrote:
leave it out in the bushes for predators to find it. *

On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 07:24:41 -0700, Dan Musicant ) wrote:
Last evening I saw it, traumatized by a blow to the head or neck from
the rat trap it had hit in my backyard. The trap was tethered to a tree.
The bugger (or its cousin) has been digging up my newly planted squash
seeds and this is the only way I've been able to control (somewhat) the
problem.

This morning it's surely dead (I saw one, maybe the same one) that was
evidently stunned from hitting the trap a few days ago, looking dead,
but when I turned my back it darted away.

Warm weather is expected the next few days here in Berkeley, CA (~80
degrees) and wonder about putting it in plastic bags (nested) in my
trash container, pickup being Wednesday morning. Call a city agency?
Bury it in my back yard? What would you do?

Dan- Hide quoted text -

Vermin that get in my garden ususally become fertilizer for the garden
if I catch them. I just pitch them in the compost heap. Ive never
noticed any odor from it .

Jimmie
Posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,alt.home.repair

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message

JOE! I've missed you big guy. Nice of you to pop in

Val

Posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,alt.home.repair

"Val" wrote in message

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message

JOE! I've missed you big guy. Nice of you to pop in

Val

Famous last words!

Posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 10:51:36 -0400, "Sanity" wrote:

[...]

Up here the little buggers cary wire cutters (in their mouths).
Standard chicken wire doesn't hold 'em back. You need the heavy
electro welded square mesh stuff to do the job.
Posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,alt.home.repair

On Apr 19, 9:24*am, Dan Musicant ) wrote:
Last evening I saw it, traumatized by a blow to the head or neck from
the rat trap it had hit in my backyard. The trap was tethered to a tree.
The bugger (or its cousin) has been digging up my newly planted squash
seeds and this is the only way I've been able to control (somewhat) the
problem.

This morning it's surely dead (I saw one, maybe the same one) that was
evidently stunned from hitting the trap a few days ago, looking dead,
but when I turned my back it darted away.

Warm weather is expected the next few days here in Berkeley, CA (~80
degrees) and wonder about putting it in plastic bags (nested) in my
trash container, pickup being Wednesday morning. Call a city agency?
Bury it in my back yard? What would you do?

Dan

Most sanitary solution in suburbia would be to throw it on the burn
pile. If you dont have a burn pile then bury it under a tree you
would like to see grow faster. Or just throw the damn thing in the
garbage.

Posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,alt.home.repair

In article , Dan Musicant ) wrote:

Call a city agency?

Oh sure, call 911 and I'm sure a crack squirrel disposal
team will be knocking on your door within minutes.

Bury it in my back yard? What would you do?

Sautee with a little garlic and seasoning. Serve on a bed
of rice with a little garnish.

| Gary Player. |

http://www.malch.com/ Shpx gur PQN. |
Posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,alt.home.repair

Malcolm Hoar wrote:
In article , Dan Musicant ) wrote:

Call a city agency?

Oh sure, call 911 and I'm sure a crack squirrel disposal
team will be knocking on your door within minutes.

Bury it in my back yard? What would you do?

Sautee with a little garlic and seasoning. Serve on a bed
of rice with a little garnish.

Uh, don't you have to skin and clean it first?
I hate picking fur out of my teeth.

TDD
Posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,alt.home.repair

wrote in message
Up here the little buggers cary wire cutters (in their mouths).
Standard chicken wire doesn't hold 'em back. You need the heavy
electro welded square mesh stuff to do the job.

It's called hardware cloth.

Posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Marshall Tucker" wrote:

"Dan Musicant" wrote in message
Last evening I saw it, traumatized by a blow to the head or neck from
the rat trap it had hit in my backyard. The trap was tethered to a tree.
The bugger (or its cousin) has been digging up my newly planted squash
seeds and this is the only way I've been able to control (somewhat) the
problem.

This morning it's surely dead (I saw one, maybe the same one) that was
evidently stunned from hitting the trap a few days ago, looking dead,
but when I turned my back it darted away.

Warm weather is expected the next few days here in Berkeley, CA (~80
degrees) and wonder about putting it in plastic bags (nested) in my
trash container, pickup being Wednesday morning. Call a city agency?
Bury it in my back yard? What would you do?

Dan

...only in California....

Where's your trailer parked?
--

- Billy

Posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,alt.home.repair

wrote:

Warm weather is expected the next few days here in Berkeley, CA (~80
degrees) and wonder about putting it in plastic bags (nested) in my
trash container, pickup being Wednesday morning. Call a city agency?
Bury it in my back yard? What would you do?

Dan

Good lord, man. If something as minor as this is causing you such
anguish, what the hell you gonna do when things start getting *really*
effed up in the world?

Eff me, Billy.....obession with droopy labia, what to do with an
effing dead squirrel...t'aint no wonder we're headed down the path
we're on.....

--
Charlie

Others have gone down the same path:

http://www.theonion.com/content/news...hat_to_do_with

Posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,alt.home.repair

wrote:

Warm weather is expected the next few days here in Berkeley, CA (~80
degrees) and wonder about putting it in plastic bags (nested) in my
trash container, pickup being Wednesday morning. Call a city agency?
Bury it in my back yard? What would you do?

Good lord, man. If something as minor as this is causing you such
anguish, what the hell you gonna do when things start getting *really*
effed up in the world?

Good grief, man. In Berkeley, CA a dead ant is "really effed up".

It's the capital of Crazy. A city that declared Marines unwelcome
and banned Marine recruitment within the city borders until the
lure of some Federal funds proved more attractive than their
"principles".

| Gary Player. |

http://www.malch.com/ Shpx gur PQN. |
Posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,alt.home.repair

Dan Musicant ) wrote in
:

Last evening I saw it, traumatized by a blow to the head or neck from
the rat trap it had hit in my backyard. The trap was tethered to a
tree. The bugger (or its cousin) has been digging up my newly planted
squash seeds and this is the only way I've been able to control
(somewhat) the problem.

This morning it's surely dead (I saw one, maybe the same one) that was
evidently stunned from hitting the trap a few days ago, looking dead,
but when I turned my back it darted away.

Warm weather is expected the next few days here in Berkeley, CA (~80
degrees) and wonder about putting it in plastic bags (nested) in my
trash container, pickup being Wednesday morning. Call a city agency?
Bury it in my back yard? What would you do?

Dan

What? You don't have a snake??

Option 2: BBQ
Posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,alt.home.repair

wrote:

Warm weather is expected the next few days here in Berkeley, CA (~80
degrees) and wonder about putting it in plastic bags (nested) in my
trash container, pickup being Wednesday morning. Call a city agency?
Bury it in my back yard? What would you do?

Good lord, man. If something as minor as this is causing you such
anguish, what the hell you gonna do when things start getting *really*
effed up in the world?

Good grief, man. In Berkeley, CA a dead ant is "really effed up".

It's the capital of Crazy. A city that declared Marines unwelcome
and banned Marine recruitment within the city borders until the
lure of some Federal funds proved more attractive than their
"principles".

One mans crazy is another's eccenric. A degree in basket weaving from UC
Berkeley is probably worth $70K/year; from Stanford $100K.

You got it effed-up. We love Marines. They do what they do very well,
it's just the anal sphincters that tell them where and when to do it
that we have a problem with. Don't want no recruitment office,
recruiting our teenagers to become cannon fodder in the "Worst President
Ever"'s vanity wars, just to make Cheney's and Rumfeld's companies rich.
Just so's you won't think I'm a knee-jerk, anti-Republican, I should
tell you that (D) Senator Diane Feinstein's husband, Richard Blum, is
making out on the wars pretty well too.

And what can you say about politicians? If they weren't psychopaths,
they wouldn't be there. Take our Republican governator, 'Ahnold",
(Please!). He's a multiple sexual offender, who smokes dope (see
"Pumping Iron",
http://www.netflix.com/Search?lnkce=...&search_submit
..x=0&search_submit.y=0&lnkce=acsNoEnhRt ) and goes to Canada to smoke
Havana cigars (illegal don'cha know?). What can I say? People in La La
Land love him, but "posing" in big down there. People plowing their 4
wheel drives back and forth in the commute traffic, just to "look"
macho. At least the women down there dress for men, not like up here.
Nothing sexual, just competitive.

What jerkwater town did you say you where from?

When a man wantonly destroys one of the works of man we call him a
vandal.* When he destroys one of the works of god we call him a
sportsman.* ~Joseph Wood Krutch
--

- Billy

Posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,alt.home.repair

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"Marshall Tucker" wrote:

[...]

Ah, yet another pseudo environmentalist-wacko & Obammy-socialist weights in.

No trailer though-- gotta' 4300 square foot custom designed and built home
in north Georgia...and from which I can plink squirrels high in the adjacent
oak trees from my second floor bedroom window or balcony. The kids need to
use a scoped .22 rifle while I can drop them with a .22 pistol-- my favorite
being my vintage Browning Challenger with a 6" barrel.

Posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,alt.home.repair

"Marshall Tucker" wrote in message
"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"Marshall Tucker" wrote:

[...]

If you're talking about the Rachel Carson quote, she was right. All mature,
educated people are fully aware of the truth of her statement by now.

Posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,alt.home.repair

In article , Billy wrote:

You got it effed-up. We love Marines. They do what they do very well,

I guess the resolution was just badly drafted (pun intended) then?

it's just the anal sphincters that tell them where and when to do it
that we have a problem with. Don't want no recruitment office,
recruiting our teenagers to become cannon fodder in the "Worst President
Ever"'s vanity wars,

So, you reckon city government should be making the career choices
for your young citizens then?

| Gary Player. |

http://www.malch.com/ Shpx gur PQN. |
Posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Marshall Tucker" wrote:

Ah, yet another pseudo environmentalist-wacko & Obammy-socialist weights in.

No trailer though-- gotta' 4300 square foot custom designed and built home
in north Georgia...and from which I can plink squirrels high in the adjacent
oak trees from my second floor bedroom window or balcony. The kids need to
use a scoped .22 rifle while I can drop them with a .22 pistol-- my favorite
being my vintage Browning Challenger with a 6" barrel.

Sorry folks, forgot to take my own advice, and clip the offending
newsgroup from the header.

We got summer in northern California, bees, butterflies, and all kinds
of teeny flies working the onion flowers and the wisteria. Cranked up
Andre Bocelli and I'm digging a bed for some asparagus crowns that
should be here early this week.
--

- Billy

Posted to alt.home.repair

I have been told by people from the East Coast that people in the mid west
are really behind the times in carrying on conversations. I am really
laughing about so much that be said about a dead Squirrel. My 2 cents

1. Cook it
2. Trash it
3. Feed it to the other animals in the environment.
"Val" wrote in message

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message

JOE! I've missed you big guy. Nice of you to pop in

Val

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , Billy wrote:

So, you reckon city government should be making the career choices
for your young citizens then?

You obviously don't understand English. I would be happy to put the
present pack of congressmen against the wall, with all the Wall Street
financiers that you can find, and start over.

So would I. And how exactly does resolution regarding Marine
recruiters advance the cause? Especially when the resolution
was quickly repealed as soon as a few Federal dollars were
dangled in front of those who enacted it.

Berkeley residents would be much better served by having
their local officials address local issues. There are
better ways for Berkeley citizens to get involved in
national politics if they choose to do so.

Engaging in silly posturing isn't going to help fix anything.

| Gary Player. |

http://www.malch.com/ Shpx gur PQN. |
Posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,alt.home.repair

In article ,
Dan Musicant ) wrote:

Last evening I saw it, traumatized by a blow to the head or neck from
the rat trap it had hit in my backyard. The trap was tethered to a tree.
The bugger (or its cousin) has been digging up my newly planted squash
seeds and this is the only way I've been able to control (somewhat) the
problem.

This morning it's surely dead (I saw one, maybe the same one) that was
evidently stunned from hitting the trap a few days ago, looking dead,
but when I turned my back it darted away.

Warm weather is expected the next few days here in Berkeley, CA (~80
degrees) and wonder about putting it in plastic bags (nested) in my
trash container, pickup being Wednesday morning. Call a city agency?
Bury it in my back yard? What would you do?

Dan

My cat brings in quite a few hunting trophies. Gophers, rats, birds, and
lizards. I put them in a coffee "can" (cylindrical cardboard with
plastic lid)1 in the freezer until trash day. Keeps 'em from stinking up
anything. And no, I don't keep my coffee in the freezer, so I've never
made the sleepy-eyed mistake.

Of course, squirrel is good on the grill.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Marshall Tucker" wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"Marshall Tucker" wrote:

[...]

A "real" man eats what he kills.

You must be one of them neo-nut, Bu****es I hear tell about. Borrow and
spend Republicans ran up the tab and stuck Obama with the check. Now
want to **** and moan when Obama puts it on a pay as you go basis. Under
the "Worst President Ever" (a.k.a. Bush), A.I.G. was promised $180B.
Where was your big, complaining mouth then? I'm ****ed because we are
fighting the Sunnis and the Taliban, while Northrup-Grumman, Lockheed,
Bechtel get rich. Does anyone remember a guy by the name of Osama bin
Laden?
I'm ****ed because we have no reason to be in a war. This should have
been a police matter.
http://www.rand.org/news/press/2008/07/29/

I'm ****ed because this bailout is a fraud.
http://www.democracynow.org/2008/10/...sec_paul_craig

Paul Craig Roberts, former Assistant Secretary of the Treasury
Department in the Reagan administration and a former associate editor of
the Wall Street Journal. He has taught at Georgetown University and
Stanford University and is the author of many books, including
Supply-Side Revolution: An Insiderıs Account of Policymaking in
Washington.

Roberts says the latest bank measure suggests the bailout is ³either
incompetence or fraud.²

PAUL CRAIG ROBERTS: Well, the original Paulson plan was to give the
Secretary of the Treasury $700 billion with no accountability and give
him complete control over the financial system. And that, of course, is
state capitalism or fascism.

Well, what the bailout does is it takes troubled financial instruments
off the balance sheet of the banks and puts them on the balance sheet of
the taxpayer at the US Treasury. So itıs a bailout of the financial
institutions whose recklessness caused the problem. And as Iıve already
said, it does not address the problem. It only addresses the problem of
the banks. So the foreclosures and the defaulting mortgages will
continue as the economy worsens, and yet nothing is being done to
stabilize that default rate or to stop these foreclosures. So the money
is essentially being poured into the coffers of Washingtonıs financial
donor base.

So the holdings of dollar-denominated assets, including United States
Treasuryıs, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac bonds, in foreign hands is enormous.
And they could exert, if they wish, dramatic control over American
policy just by calling up Washington and asking if they wanted to buy
these things back‹of course, with no money to buy them with. And if they
were to‹they donıt even have to dump them. If they just stopped
financing the budget deficit, the government in Washington would have to
resort to printing money, like Weimar Germany. So, this is not a strong
position.

Well, we clearly cannot afford a war that costs us a minimum‹an
out-of-pocket current cost of $200 billion a year. We canıt afford a
defense budget, which is some‹or military spending budget‹itıs got
nothing to do with defense‹of somewhere around $700 billion a year.
These are beyond our means. We donıt finance that deficit. Itıs very
strange, Amy, because itıs the foreigners who are financing our wars.
Itıs the foreigners who are financing the military spending.

And I'm ****ed because gun nuts like you are pushing for violence.

Right-wing groups 'growing' in US
By Jon Donnison
BBC News, Washington
America could be facing a surge in right-wing extremism, according to a
new US government report.

Richard Poplawski, a member of a racist
group, killed three police officers

The Department of Homeland Security study says the election of America's
first black president and the economic slump has helped racist groups
recruit.
But the report says no specific attacks are being planned by extremists.
Some moderate conservatives fear the administration could use the report
as an excuse to tighten gun laws and restrict freedom of speech.
Pronounced threat
The report says that high unemployment figures and home foreclosures
have created a climate similar to the early 1990s when white
supremacists saw a growth period.
That resurgence was stifled in 1995 after an FBI crackdown on extreme
right groups following the Oklahoma City bombings which were carried out
by white supremacist Timothy McVeigh.
Some extreme right websites reported a surge in membership immediately
after Barack Obama's election.
The Homeland Security study says the threat posed by what it calls "lone
wolves" and "small terrorist cells" is more pronounced that in previous
years.
It cites an example two weeks ago when three police officers were shot
dead in Pittsburgh by Richard Poplawski, who had been a member of a
white supremacist group.
Some more moderate conservatives have criticised the Homeland Security
study. They believe the White House could use it to justify tougher gun
laws and restrictions on conservatives' freedom of speech.
The issue is being keenly debated on right-wing blogs and talk shows.
Radio talk show host Michael Savage, who runs the website Savage Nation,
is asking his readers whether Homeland Security Secretary Janet
Napolitano should step down for "targeting loyal, patriotic Americans as
possible terrorists".

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/h...as/8000763.stm

Published: 2009/04/15 16:52:55 GMT

I'm ****ed because you and your demented pack of lemmings are holding
"Tea Parties" without even knowing that the British tea was thrown into
Boston harbor because it was cheaper (tax included) than the tea
smuggled by John Hancock, and now you are just a sock puppet of the
hogs-in-a-trough right. Can't you think for yourself or does Michael
Savage have to tell you when to wipe your butt?
http://www.boston-tea-party.org/smug...n-Hancock.html

You are so miserably, pathetically stoopid, it is hard to tell where to
start your education.

God you are dumb.

No reason to tell you but I didn't vote for him either.
--

- Billy

Posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,alt.home.repair

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Ah, yet another pseudo environmentalist-wacko & Obammy-socialist
weights in.

If you're talking about the Rachel Carson quote, she was right. All
mature, educated people are fully aware of the truth of her statement
by now.

Sure, Carson was right about dangerous chemicals in the air. Since time
immemorial, all life has been subject to noxious things in the air: Sulfur
dioxide from volcanoes, extra fine dust from drought conditions, soot from
forest fires. All manner of nasty stuff. On these, Carson was irrefutably
correct.

On DDT, however, Carson was wrong. Criminally wrong. Each year over 800,000
people - mostly children - die from Malaria. Malaria is a disease we know
how to eradicate. We did it in North America. We did it in the Canal Zone.
We haven't done it in Africa because of Rachel Carson.

May her name be erased.

Super squirrel deia Home Repair 3 March 2nd 08 09:44 PM
Elongated Squirrel Fan(s) Sunworshipper Metalworking 6 October 7th 05 02:10 AM
squirrel repellant oreo123 Home Repair 19 May 8th 05 01:38 AM
SQUIRREL FEEDER J T Woodworking 18 May 2nd 05 11:07 PM
Squirrel POS System The Doctor Electronics Repair 0 February 24th 05 12:53 AM