DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Anybody familiar with Val-Oil? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/274891-anybody-familiar-val-oil.html)

DerbyDad03 March 31st 09 09:07 PM

Anybody familiar with Val-Oil?

I need to coat the hinges and other metal (steel) parts of my trailer
to prevent rust. I took them off last year and wirebrushed them on my
bench-grinder until there was no rust left, but now they are all
rusted again.

I tooked one of the brackets to a local paint store and the proprietor
suggested a couple of coats of Val-Oil.

I tested the product on a piece of steel I had in the shop, applying 2
coats by dipping it. I gotta admit I like the finish - thick, smooth,
etc.

Does anybody know if this finish will stand up to the rigors of a
trailer - salt, dirt, etc?

I've got a quart to play with and I know I won't need it all. Any
other applications that you folks can recommend it for?

Thanks!