Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to start with construction of my dream house?

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good resource to find contractors?
I have been looking online and all I have seen are sites where you have
to describe the job then wait to get called from a contractor or if I
find a directory type of site there is a limited number of contractors
in my area, but I know there are many more. I am trying to build my
first house and I was planning on hiring all the contractors so I need
a good resource to find them. Something with reviews and article would
also be very beneficial, please let me know if anyone knows of a good
place to look.

--
khengonzales
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 20, 7:57*am, khengonzales khengonzales.
wrote:
I was wondering if anyone knows of a good resource to find contractors?
I have been looking online and all I have seen are sites where you have
to describe the job then wait to get called from a contractor or if I
find a directory type of site there is a limited number of contractors
in my area, but I know there are many more. I am trying to build my
first house and I was planning on hiring all the contractors so I need
a good resource to find them. Something with reviews and article would
also be very beneficial, please let me know if anyone knows of a good
place to look.

--
khengonzales

There was a recent thread on this topic that you might want to read:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.h...edeabdd44f56db
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
I am trying to build my
first house and I was planning on hiring all the contractors so I need
a good resource to find them.

Just give all your money to a lawyer, then shoot yourself.
-----

- gpsman
Posted to alt.home.repair

"khengonzales" wrote in
message m...

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good resource to find contractors?
I have been looking online and all I have seen are sites where you have
to describe the job then wait to get called from a contractor or if I

Didn't you ask this a couple of weeks back? You got plenty of answers then
so why not elaborate on them?

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

Didn't you ask this a couple of weeks back? You got plenty of answers then
so why not elaborate on them?

He's a spammer, trying to drum up business for his home improvement
website. (Note his organization name.)

Posted to alt.home.repair

Best of luck to you building your first house, it’s an adventure. I
would recommend talking to your neighbors and friends and see if they
know any contractors they worked with in the past. Since I’m sure you
already did that you should try http://www.jobtrio.com/ I found that
they have a very easy to use search. They have the biggest list of
contractors I have seen to date, plus you can write reviews and read
their articles.

--
frederi

How to start with construction of my dream house? dick Home Repair 19 March 7th 09 03:35 PM
HGTV Dream House questions RicodJour Home Repair 12 November 28th 06 01:42 AM
MY DREAM HOUSE Raset Home Repair 2 July 11th 06 02:48 PM
MY DREAM HOUSE Raset Home Ownership 2 July 11th 06 01:12 PM
whole house fan in new construction Doc Savage Home Ownership 4 June 6th 05 09:11 PM