DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Discharge sump pump into same drain as kitchen sink and laundrytub? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/273740-re-discharge-sump-pump-into-same-drain-kitchen-sink-laundrytub.html)

[email protected] March 17th 09 10:37 PM

Discharge sump pump into same drain as kitchen sink and laundrytub?

On Mar 17, 6:11*pm, "John Grabowski" wrote:
"chrisc" wrote in message

In my basement near a corner there is a 1 1/2 *pvc pipe running down
the wall from the upstairs *kitchen. The laundry tub is also tied into
this same pipe and they flow to the right into the sewer. On the far
left of the basement is my sump pump. I want to discharge the water to
the same spot. It would be about 30 feet. Where the pipe from the pump
would enter is about 20" high. Do i need a special slope to angle the
water towards the drain? Can it be level? I will have a check valve on
it. Is this against some kind of code? Is this enough info? Want any
more questions? Thanks . This group is great and lots of help.

*I don't know where you live, but in New Jersey it is illegal to have a sump
pump discharge into a sanitary sewer line. *Apparently in so doing it would
add more volume and consequently more expense to sewer treatment plants.

Yes. First thing to do is check if it's allowed or not. Many places
it isn't for the very good reason John cites.