DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Water powered backup sump pump with low pressure 35psi (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/273739-water-powered-backup-sump-pump-low-pressure-35psi.html)

chrisc[_2_] March 17th 09 10:11 PM

Water powered backup sump pump with low pressure 35psi

I was looking at installing one of those water powered pumps for a
backup. The manufacturer says to have at least 40 psi. I had the water
company come and check my pressure and it was 35 at the basement
laundry sink. But, I told him that a friend had one installed right
down the street and it worked fine. I asked him if his pressure could
be that much higher and he said it would be the same for the whole
street. Anyone have one of these with lower pressure?