DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   furnace 7" limit switch (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/273576-furnace-7-limit-switch.html)

cj March 16th 09 03:35 PM

furnace 7" limit switch

greeting, i have determined the the limit switch in my furnace is bad
and i have found the following replacement part on line

http://bestbuyheatingandaircondition...tegory_Code=FL

my question is that the new switch has 3 connections whilst my old
switch has only 2 connections..how will i know which connections to use?

thanks, cj

[email protected] March 16th 09 04:00 PM

furnace 7" limit switch

http://bestbuyheatingandaircondition...erchant.mvc?Sc...

my question is that the new switch has 3 connections whilst my old
switch has only 2 connections..how will i know which connections to use?

thanks, cj

I would assume with 3 connections one is common, one is normally open,
other is normally closed. If what you are replacing is the high temp
limit switch, then it should be the pair that is normally closed and
you can determine that with a VOM.

jimmy March 16th 09 04:35 PM

furnace 7" limit switch

I agree with the above reply, a conductivity meter will let you know which
contact you should use the n/c or the n/o