Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New Product

Went to my local Harbor Freight "parking lot sale" this morning (it was held
inside the store, partly because of the weather, but mainly because the
jerkwater town in which it is located [Sugar Land, Texas] doesn't allow
parking lot sales because they sully the ambiance and patina of the town and
people milling about buying things is vaguely unsettling).

Anyway, HF is now selling a fill-it-yourself aerosol spray can

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...unction=Search

for (reg) $7.99 (sale price is less).

You put whatever you want to spray in the can (paint, mustard, deer urine,
etc.), and add air through a bicycle-type air inlet - either from a
compressor or hand pump (90psi max) and you're good to go.

I got one and may use it someday. When I do, I'll report the results. I also
bought a 1/3-sheet electric sander for $19.99, which I WILL used today. I've
got to remove about 87,000 bumps from sheetrock texture in advance of
covering the wall (13x8) with a mural.

----
HF also had their multifunction tool on sale for $39.99.

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
Went to my local Harbor Freight "parking lot sale" this morning (it was held
inside the store, partly because of the weather, but mainly because the
jerkwater town in which it is located [Sugar Land, Texas] doesn't allow
parking lot sales because they sully the ambiance and patina of the town and
people milling about buying things is vaguely unsettling).

Anyway, HF is now selling a fill-it-yourself aerosol spray can

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...unction=Search

for (reg) $7.99 (sale price is less).

Been selling almost the same thing (glass jar and air can) for $4 for
years - HD, paint stores

You put whatever you want to spray in the can (paint, mustard, deer urine,
etc.), and add air through a bicycle-type air inlet - either from a
compressor or hand pump (90psi max) and you're good to go.

I got one and may use it someday. When I do, I'll report the results. I also
bought a 1/3-sheet electric sander for $19.99, which I WILL used today. I've
got to remove about 87,000 bumps from sheetrock texture in advance of
covering the wall (13x8) with a mural.

----
HF also had their multifunction tool on sale for $39.99.

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:

Anyway, HF is now selling a fill-it-yourself aerosol spray can

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...unction=Search

for (reg) $7.99 (sale price is less).

You put whatever you want to spray in the can (paint, mustard, deer urine,
etc.), and add air through a bicycle-type air inlet - either from a
compressor or hand pump (90psi max) and you're good to go.

I bought a couple of those 25 years ago. One was from HF. I think I
used them for cleaners and lubricants. I found them a waste of money.

You need a use where it's worth the expense and trouble. It has to be a
fluid that won't corrode or gum up the spray can, and it can't have any
dirt.

A finger-powered spray bottle is more practical because it can be
cleaned and the spray adjusted. Unfortunately, the pump can wear out
quickly, and you can get blisters if you spray much. My favorite now is
the small plastic pump-up sprayer, maybe a quart.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
the jerkwater town in which it is located [Sugar Land, Texas] doesn't
allow parking lot sales because they sully the ambiance and patina of the
town and people milling about buying things is vaguely unsettling).

Isn't just having a Harbor Freight going to sully the ambiance?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 14 Mar 2009 11:10:11 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

[...]

I recycle the hand-pump spray containers from shower spray, cleaners,
etc. No HF, no compressor, no money needed. Now tell me about a
tool NOT "Made in China."

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
[...]

I bought a sprayer from Grainger about 20 years ago
like this one:

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/2Z857

I can fill it with kerosene, light the spray and get
a nice big fireball. It's amazing.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Mar 14, 4:33*pm, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

snip

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/2Z857

I can fill it with kerosene, light the spray and get
a nice big fireball. It's amazing.

TDD

I'll bet your neighbors run and hide when you come outdoors. G

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

Phisherman wrote:

I recycle the hand-pump spray containers from shower spray, cleaners,
etc. No HF, no compressor, no money needed. Now tell me about a
tool NOT "Made in China."

I also stopped at Lowes for some paint. I noticed they had a package of four
2" foam brushes for $2.95. Admittedly, I don't know whether they were made
in China, but I had just picked up a pack of HF foam brushes made in China,
12 for 88¢ (4 of them were 2").

Besides, if the item says "Made in China" it may very well have been made in
Nationalist China (the good Chinese).

I prefer products made in Bangladesh or Sri Lanka. The small hands of the
child workers are better suited to precision fittings.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Joe wrote:
On Mar 14, 4:33 pm, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

snip

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/2Z857

I can fill it with kerosene, light the spray and get
a nice big fireball. It's amazing.

TDD

I'll bet your neighbors run and hide when you come outdoors. G

Joe

All sorts of stuff that you may think won't burn,
will burn when aerosolized. Hummm, let's try this
drunkard's urine, I bet it'll burn. *snicker*
OH CRAP! I just had a horrid thought, I could let
some fish guts ferment, strain the liquid and spay
it around that nosy, nasty neighbor's place. Damn,
I have to stop thinking like that.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

Those refillable aerosol cans been around as long as I can
remember (thirty years). Clever idea, for sure. I'd love to
hear how it works out.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

I have had that thought, about paint sprayers that run off a
compressor. Wow, that would make a nice fire ball.
Dispensing kerosene, of course.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote
in message ...

I bought a sprayer from Grainger about 20 years ago
like this one:

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/2Z857

I can fill it with kerosene, light the spray and get
a nice big fireball. It's amazing.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New Product (musings on aerosol cans)

About twenty years ago, I ordered a galon of WD-40 and a
pump sprayer from a catalog house. Catalog shows very
clearly a metal can and a metal sprayer. Both arrived
plastic. But, they did work reasonably well.

In my tool box, I have a can of Kmart K-50 which I bought in
1993. As you can tell, I don't use much of it. Still sprays
fine, and still stinks the same. I like the new WD with the
straw that tips up. If you leave the straw down, you get a
spray, but not as concentrated. Really need dispenser.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message

I complained on this newsgroup a few months ago about the
pump
sprayers that I used to keep WD40 or PBblaster in. Someone
suggested
one of these and I remembered I had it in the garage.
Filled it 1/2
full of PBblaster & pumped up to 90lbs or thereabouts.

I checked the date. That was in November. [Thanks to 'The
Daring
Dufas' for the reminder] The can has been used several
times, last
time was yesterday. It is in an unheated garage in
upstate NY so it
hasn't been above freezing much since November. No leaks
and it still
works fine.

Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote:

-snip-
Anyway, HF is now selling a fill-it-yourself aerosol spray can

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...unction=Search

for (reg) $7.99 (sale price is less).

[i think you meant
or the $12 one at
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...temnumber=1102
]

I think I got the $12 one for about $5 on sale.

-snip-
I got one and may use it someday. When I do, I'll report the results.

I complained on this newsgroup a few months ago about the pump
sprayers that I used to keep WD40 or PBblaster in. Someone suggested
one of these and I remembered I had it in the garage. Filled it 1/2
full of PBblaster & pumped up to 90lbs or thereabouts.

I checked the date. That was in November. [Thanks to 'The Daring
Dufas' for the reminder] The can has been used several times, last
time was yesterday. It is in an unheated garage in upstate NY so it
hasn't been above freezing much since November. No leaks and it still
works fine.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Those refillable aerosol cans been around as long as I can
remember (thirty years). Clever idea, for sure. I'd love to
hear how it works out.

Don't confuse "ease of use" with "simply having." I actually had the
following conversation with one of my customers from Massachusetts:

Carol: "What did you see at this gun show?"
Me: "I was surprised at the number of crew-served weapons being sold."
Carol: "What's a 'crew-served' weapon?"
Me: "Uh, one that takes more than one person to operate it, like a machine
gun or tank."
Carol: "What would someone do with one of those?"
Me: "Uh, nothing. Just having one is the goal."
Carol: "Don't LIE to me! They have to have SOME reason!"
Me: "Okay, I can tell you. We're stocking up for the revolution."
Carol: "I KNEW IT ! ! !"

However, in the instant case, this re-fillable aerosol container will make
applying preservative to my 81mm mortar quite a bit easier.

Posted to alt.home.repair

We separated from England, account of distant governemnt
"taxation without representation", endless taxes like stamp
tax, and disregard of personal liberties. Search and
siezure, that kind of thing. When we have deficit spending,
unresponsive government, elected reps calling themselves
"our nation's leaders", taxation without representation,
and property and money siezure (like stimulus bills that
spend amazing ammounts of money with no visible source of
support), and laws like gun control that's prohibited by the
Constituion, then we might be close to revolution. But, not
until then.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"HeyBub" wrote in message
news Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
We separated from England, account of distant governemnt
"taxation without representation", endless taxes like stamp
tax, and disregard of personal liberties. Search and
siezure, that kind of thing. When we have deficit spending,
unresponsive government, elected reps calling themselves
"our nation's leaders", taxation without representation,
and property and money siezure (like stimulus bills that
spend amazing ammounts of money with no visible source of
support), and laws like gun control that's prohibited by the
Constituion, then we might be close to revolution. But, not
until then.

You've simply got to understand the rationale behind the "stimulus bill."
It's not very complicated, but you've got to follow along.

1. We start with Liberals having a foundational philosophy about equality.
Anything that promotes equality - in any realm - is good.
2. Liberals also believe the amount of wealth in a nation is fixed and this
wealth is almost always badly distributed. This maldistribution leads to
inequality and must be rectified.
3. By moving the tax burden toward those with more wealth - and
simultaneously providing more to those that don't pay taxes - liberals push
the pendulum towards the desired goal.
4. By increasing the debt beyond all reason, the liberals guarantee that the
wealthy will continue, perhaps for generations, to have their resources
drained.

As an aside, conservatives tend to believe wealth can be created. Unless, of
course, the innovators go John Galt.

New (use for a) product HeyBub[_3_] Home Repair 8 June 29th 08 01:23 AM
new product qtheland Woodworking 0 February 24th 08 03:12 PM
what product to use? RB Electronics Repair 6 February 21st 06 10:59 AM
US name for a UK product Den Home Repair 7 August 18th 04 11:39 PM