DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   attaching furring strips to block (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/272289-attaching-furring-strips-block.html)

bmancanfly February 28th 09 10:00 PM

attaching furring strips to block

What the easiest and fastest way to attach furring strips to concrete
block. Is a power actuated nailer overkill?

-------------------------------------

Red Green February 28th 09 10:27 PM

attaching furring strips to block

(bmancanfly) wrote in
om:

What the easiest and fastest way to attach furring strips to concrete
block. Is a power actuated nailer overkill?

-------------------------------------

Delivered via
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/

easiest and fastest

Since that is your only requirement, duct tape.

SteveBell[_2_] February 28th 09 11:09 PM

attaching furring strips to block

What the easiest and fastest way to attach furring strips to concrete
block. Is a power actuated nailer overkill?

Powder nailer is the first thing I thought of. You'll need the #1
cartridges, most likely.

You can also use toggle or molly bolts, or you can hammer in concrete
nails by hand.

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement

Hustlin' Hank February 28th 09 11:11 PM

attaching furring strips to block

On Feb 28, 5:00�pm,
(bmancanfly) wrote:
What the easiest and fastest way to attach furring strips to concrete
block. �Is a power actuated nailer overkill?

I always used a couple cut nails to hold it in place and Liquid nail.
The Liquid nail is so good, if you try to pull them off, the wood will
stick to the block.

Hank

Jerry - OHIO March 1st 09 07:39 AM

attaching furring strips to block

I like using Tap Cons
Jr

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutc...oodWorkingPage

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutcher/1974Tryke

[email protected] March 2nd 09 05:46 PM

bmancanfly wrote:

What the easiest and fastest way to attach furring strips to concrete block.

I'd vote for spray foam from a can.

Nick

tmurf1 March 2nd 09 06:05 PM

attaching furring strips to block

On Feb 28, 5:00*pm,
(bmancanfly) wrote:
What the easiest and fastest way to attach furring strips to concrete
block. *Is a power actuated nailer overkill?

Delivered via *http://www.thestuccocompany.com/

I have always used fluted masonry nails with the liquid nails. Hard
to beat that combination.