Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Rally Roper Lawn Tractor

peter from england
-------------------------------------

Hi
I have a very old Rally Roper Lawn tractor (Circa 1985)(11hp Briggs &
Stratton going great guns)
I wonder if anyone knows where parts can be sourced (on this occassion
bearings for the cutting deck jackshafts)
Can understand Rally Roper as made by the J B Foote Foundry Company in
Ohio has long since ceased in the business but I believe most of the
components were generic and might still be available in alternative form.
Does anyone know where I might get information on compatible parts (or
where secondhand bits might be available)
I have the parts manual and able to identify requirements.
Thanks if anyone can help - I very much want to keep this wonderful
machine going!!!
Peter

Posted to alt.home.repair

Magic Dragon had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...or-360072-.htm
:
Hi Peter,

I am replacing the belt on my roper and can't seem to get it right. I
didn't see
how it came off because it broke. You said that you have the manual, can
you
tell me how the belt goes around everything. Thanks
Peter Southgate wrote:

peter from england
-------------------------------------

&
Stratton going great guns)
I wonder if anyone knows where parts can be sourced (on this occassion
bearings for the cutting deck jackshafts)
Can understand Rally Roper as made by the J B Foote Foundry Company in
Ohio has long since ceased in the business but I believe most of the
components were generic and might still be available in alternative
form.
Does anyone know where I might get information on compatible parts (or
where secondhand bits might be available)
I have the parts manual and able to identify requirements.
Thanks if anyone can help - I very much want to keep this wonderful
machine going!!!
Peter

Rally Roper Lawn Tractor dpb Home Repair 0 February 17th 09 09:47 PM
Roper Lawn Mower Parts at EVERSHARP Power Equipment, Inc. Nathan[_2_] Home Repair 0 April 1st 08 01:56 PM
Roper Lawn Mower Parts at EVERSHARP Power Equipment, Inc. [email protected] Home Repair 0 April 1st 08 01:13 PM
WHY NOT A LAWN TRACTOR ? Home Repair 15 May 5th 07 01:31 PM
Can my Craftsman 15.5 hp, 42 in. Deck Lawn Tractor use Craftsman 42 in. Deluxe Lawn Tractor Snow Thrower B52 Home Ownership 1 January 14th 04 04:31 PM