Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kenmore Icemaker Repair Question

James wrote:

This is a Sears Kenmore Icemaker, about 5 years old. Icemaker doesn't
get water.

I studied the problem, and thought for sure it was the water solenoid and
valve. So, I replaced that, but the icemaker still doesn't get water.

The drinking water outlet on the front of the refrigerator works fine.

I don't know exactly what "signals" the icemaker to receive water. I
know it is on a timer, but I don't know where the timer is, or how it
works...

Is this a repair that an average homeowner should be able to do ?

any comments or ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks

James

Its usually just a frozen supply line.
--