DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Intalling HE3 washer on pedestal (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/270695-intalling-he3-washer-pedestal.html)

AE Todd February 8th 09 11:34 PM

Intalling HE3 washer on pedestal

I have an HE3 washer to install on a pedestal. This is what I plan to
do...

1. Intall shipping rods on back of washer.
2. Lay the washer on its back.
3. Remove the 4 feet.
4. Put the pedestal in place and install the 4 screws that hold the
washer to the pedestal.
5. Intall the 4 feet onto the pedestal.
6. Return the machine to upright position.
7. Remove shipping rods, move washer into place and test.

Do I have this right? Is there anything I am missing here? Are there
any pads or anything that get installed between the washer and the
pedestal?

Thanks!

HeyBub[_3_] February 9th 09 12:15 AM

AE Todd wrote:
I have an HE3 washer to install on a pedestal. This is what I plan to
do...

1. Intall shipping rods on back of washer.
2. Lay the washer on its back.
3. Remove the 4 feet.
4. Put the pedestal in place and install the 4 screws that hold the
washer to the pedestal.
5. Intall the 4 feet onto the pedestal.
6. Return the machine to upright position.
7. Remove shipping rods, move washer into place and test.

Do I have this right? Is there anything I am missing here? Are there
any pads or anything that get installed between the washer and the
pedestal?

Sounds like you've covered all the bases. I'm assuming the flopping around a
washer sometimes does with an unbalanced load won't shake the pedestal
apart.

Is this a home-made pedestal? If so, maybe a simple barricade or lips around
the edge to keep the washer from falling into the mosh pit during the more
excitable times...

Art February 9th 09 01:19 AM

Intalling HE3 washer on pedestal

I assume you have no manual. Have you considered visiting the
manufacturer's site to check for a downloadable manual?

AE Todd February 9th 09 02:30 AM

Intalling HE3 washer on pedestal

I am doing this for someone else. I am hoping that the pedestals come
with instructions. They are new in box, not homemade.

Art February 9th 09 03:09 AM

Intalling HE3 washer on pedestal

By the way, you should warn them that repairing appliances with pedestals
can be a pain in the neck.