DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Tub /Shower Diverter banging. (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/270536-tub-shower-diverter-banging.html)

sw February 6th 09 05:59 PM

Tub /Shower Diverter banging.

I hear a banging when I turn on my tub tap. It's a Price Phister model
installed in 1996 (by me). The noise occurs at the diverter when the
tub fawcett is on.. and stops when I pull the fawcett nozzle diver to
send the water to the shower. I've changed the washers for it once but
it didn't seem to help.

Scott.

sw February 8th 09 03:54 PM

On Feb 6, 4:15*pm, gpsman wrote:
On Feb 6, 12:59*pm, sw wrote:

I hear a banging when I turn on my tub tap. It's a Price Phister model
installed in 1996 (by me). The noise occurs at the diverter when the
tub fawcett is on.. and stops when I pull the fawcett nozzle diver to
send the water to the shower. I've changed the washers for it once but
it didn't seem to help.

http://home.howstuffworks.com/how-to...arresters.html
*-----

- gpsman