DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT - Tax 'advance' loans (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/270486-re-ot-tax-advance-loans.html)

hibb February 6th 09 04:37 AM

OT - Tax 'advance' loans

On Feb 5, 9:59*pm, "Mark" wrote:
I know this is off topic, but as I sit here watching the tube as I catch up
on the world's home repair issues, I can't help but wonder - are there THAT
many people that are so poor they need to pay H&R Block *or some other
store-front tax preparer the outlandish fees to get their tax return a week
or two earlier? *With E-file they say you'll get it in about a week.

Besides, it seems pretty clear that if you are getting $2,600 back you
probably should reduce your withholdings and bring home that extra $216 each
month rather than sending it to Uncle Sam and letting him use it interest
free for a year.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming................

Man I worked for H&R Block for two seasons. That "Rapid Refund" was
the biggest bunch of crap I've ever seen. I bet I did the worst job of
selling that feature than any other tax preparer ever.

I don't know if they have a better system now but back then people
would come in with a fake W-2 and get a check the next day for a
couple of thousand dollars and then the IRS would eventually deny
their refund and Block would be stuck with it. I hate crooks but in
this case it seemed to be one crook screwing another.

David