DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   punching hole in foundation (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/269704-punching-hole-foundation.html)

Paul Oman January 25th 09 10:56 PM

punching hole in foundation

Hello - need to put a plastic pipe thru my poured foundation wall. How
do I do it and how hard is it to do?

J. Clarke January 25th 09 11:21 PM

Paul Oman wrote:
Hello - need to put a plastic pipe thru my poured foundation wall.
How
do I do it and how hard is it to do?

If it's above ground rent an SDS hammer of appropriate size. If it's
below ground then hire a contractor who knows what he's about.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

HeyBub[_3_] January 26th 09 12:04 AM

Paul Oman wrote:
Hello - need to put a plastic pipe thru my poured foundation wall. How
do I do it and how hard is it to do?

Tool rental shop - concrete hole saw.

aemeijers January 26th 09 12:13 AM

Paul Oman wrote:
Hello - need to put a plastic pipe thru my poured foundation wall. How
do I do it and how hard is it to do?

How big a pipe? Small pipe, rent or buy a hammer drill. Bigger pipe,
same hammer drill, and drill a circle of holes, and crunch out the
middle, or rent a hole saw. Really big hole, hire it out. I paid about
$300 to have a duct-size hole punched through mine. (in a spot where the
load above was not an issue.)

Usual caveats about not creating water paths through the wall apply.

--
aem sends...

aemeijers January 27th 09 01:46 AM

Van Chocstraw wrote:
Paul Oman wrote:
Hello - need to put a plastic pipe thru my poured foundation wall. How
do I do it and how hard is it to do?

A sawsall with a cement blade.

Y'all must have awful thin foundation walls....

--
aem sends...