DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   dryer hums without spining (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/268740-dryer-hums-without-spining.html)

173green January 12th 09 01:12 AM

dryer hums without spining

I have a gas dryer model LGR4634JQ2 that stop spining. The motor only
hummed but don't spin. I replaced the motor and it still only hums (with
or without the belt attached). with it humming if I spin the blower wheel
(without the belt) I can get the motor to start spin but once I stop it it
will not restart without spining the blower wheel. I do notice that I
don't need to push the start button it will start hummig once I turn the
large knob. The motor had a sticker that said it thermostatly controlled
is there something that reglates the amount of power to the motor? or any
other suggest I could try?

Krysta