Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default attic moisture

I am the new homeowner of a 1927 Craftsman bungalow and am very
concerned after finding the unfinished attic is extremely moist to the
point that the wood is damp to the touch and has what is now
crystallized material on some. How long until major damage is
caused. I know I need to address some things like the lack of roof
vent ridges and the old drafty windows, but don't know if much can be
done until spring ( I live in Northern NY). Any ideas? I'm afraid I
have ice dams forming.