DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   I'd like some exciting drill bits (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/268617-id-like-some-exciting-drill-bits.html)

Home Repair Dude January 10th 09 11:14 AM

I'd like some exciting drill bits

I'd like some exciting drill bits.
All the drill bits I see advertised say they are boring bits. I dont
want to be bored when I'm drilling, or I'll fall asleep on the job.
Where can I buy some drill bits that are NOT boring and possibly even
exciting?

The Home Repair Dude

*(My home repairs are scheduled for completion on June 1, 2099)

[email protected] January 10th 09 01:21 PM

I'd like some exciting drill bits

On Jan 10, 5:14*am, Home Repair Dude wrote:
I'd like some exciting drill bits.
All the drill bits I see advertised say they are boring bits. *I dont
want to be bored when I'm drilling, or I'll fall asleep on the job.
Where can I buy some drill bits that are NOT boring and possibly even
exciting?

The Home Repair Dude

*(My home repairs are scheduled for completion on June 1, 2099)

I can sell you some of mine.

They are TOTALLY NAKED. :-)

Lewis.

*****

SteveB[_9_] January 10th 09 03:31 PM

"Home Repair Dude" wrote in message
I'd like some exciting drill bits.
All the drill bits I see advertised say they are boring bits. I dont
want to be bored when I'm drilling, or I'll fall asleep on the job.
Where can I buy some drill bits that are NOT boring and possibly even
exciting?

The Home Repair Dude

*(My home repairs are scheduled for completion on June 1, 2099)

Get the new ones with the steel cable on it. You hold onto the cable with
one hand, turn the drill on with the other. When the cable is wound tight
around the shaft, or you want to reverse, you simply pull on the cable to
make it reverse.

Steve

nefletch January 10th 09 03:54 PM

I'd like some exciting drill bits

"Home Repair Dude" wrote in message
I'd like some exciting drill bits.
All the drill bits I see advertised say they are boring bits. I dont
want to be bored when I'm drilling, or I'll fall asleep on the job.
Where can I buy some drill bits that are NOT boring and possibly even
exciting?

The Home Repair Dude

*(My home repairs are scheduled for completion on June 1, 2099)

2099 ???? now your just bragging

Reed January 10th 09 05:19 PM

Home Repair Dude wrote:
I'd like some exciting drill bits.
All the drill bits I see advertised say they are boring bits. I dont
want to be bored when I'm drilling, or I'll fall asleep on the job.
Where can I buy some drill bits that are NOT boring and possibly even
exciting?

The Home Repair Dude

*(My home repairs are scheduled for completion on June 1, 2099)

I'm still looking to find some "naughty" bits..........

DGDevin January 10th 09 08:17 PM

Home Repair Dude wrote:
I'd like some exciting drill bits.
All the drill bits I see advertised say they are boring bits. I dont
want to be bored when I'm drilling, or I'll fall asleep on the job.
Where can I buy some drill bits that are NOT boring and possibly even
exciting?

The Home Repair Dude

*(My home repairs are scheduled for completion on June 1, 2099)

Take your boring bits (haw!) and clamp them in the jaws of your vise. Use a
torch to soften up the bits a little and then use some Vise-Grips or
something similar to bend them just a little bit. I guarantee future
drilling will be much more exciting.

HeyBub[_3_] January 11th 09 12:00 AM

Home Repair Dude wrote:
I'd like some exciting drill bits.
All the drill bits I see advertised say they are boring bits. I dont
want to be bored when I'm drilling, or I'll fall asleep on the job.
Where can I buy some drill bits that are NOT boring and possibly even
exciting?

The Home Repair Dude

*(My home repairs are scheduled for completion on June 1, 2099)

If you do, you're are unique.

I recall my instructor in the Dale Carnegie Sales course saying: "It is
estimated there are several million quarter-inch drill bits sold in this
country every year. But nobody actually wanted a quarter-inch drill bit!
What they wanted was a quarter-inch hole."

David Nebenzahl January 11th 09 02:05 AM

I'd like some exciting drill bits

On 1/10/2009 4:00 PM HeyBub spake thus:

Home Repair Dude wrote:

I'd like some exciting drill bits.
All the drill bits I see advertised say they are boring bits. I dont
want to be bored when I'm drilling, or I'll fall asleep on the job.
Where can I buy some drill bits that are NOT boring and possibly even
exciting?

The Home Repair Dude

*(My home repairs are scheduled for completion on June 1, 2099)

If you do, you're are unique.

I recall my instructor in the Dale Carnegie Sales course saying: "It is
estimated there are several million quarter-inch drill bits sold in this
country every year. But nobody actually wanted a quarter-inch drill bit!
What they wanted was a quarter-inch hole."

So you became a hole salesman???

- Paulo Freire

Red Green January 11th 09 04:27 AM

I'd like some exciting drill bits

Van Chocstraw wrote in
:

Home Repair Dude wrote:
I'd like some exciting drill bits.
All the drill bits I see advertised say they are boring bits. I dont
want to be bored when I'm drilling, or I'll fall asleep on the job.
Where can I buy some drill bits that are NOT boring and possibly even
exciting?

The Home Repair Dude

*(My home repairs are scheduled for completion on June 1, 2099)

Get some triangle bits. They drill triangle holes.

Sounds as goofy as drilling square holes. Square holes are easily drilled
in wood.

HeyBub[_3_] January 11th 09 01:47 PM

Home Repair Dude wrote:

I'd like some exciting drill bits.
All the drill bits I see advertised say they are boring bits. I
dont want to be bored when I'm drilling, or I'll fall asleep on the
job. Where can I buy some drill bits that are NOT boring and
possibly even exciting?

The Home Repair Dude

*(My home repairs are scheduled for completion on June 1, 2099)

If you do, you're are unique.

I recall my instructor in the Dale Carnegie Sales course saying: "It
is estimated there are several million quarter-inch drill bits sold
in this country every year. But nobody actually wanted a
quarter-inch drill bit! What they wanted was a quarter-inch hole."

So you became a hole salesman???

No, but one guy in the class did work as a "counselor" for a cemetery.

He did allow, during one break, that a fringe benefit of his seemingly
somber job was the widows; several were, in his words, "hornier than a bag
of toads." On a similar note, my ex-brother-in-law said he got some strange
on virtually every long-haul trip he took as a Greyhound driver. He
attributed it to his looks, but I think it was the incessant vibration.

Don Young January 12th 09 04:12 AM

I'd like some exciting drill bits

"Red Green" wrote in message
Van Chocstraw wrote in
:

Home Repair Dude wrote:
I'd like some exciting drill bits.
All the drill bits I see advertised say they are boring bits. I dont
want to be bored when I'm drilling, or I'll fall asleep on the job.
Where can I buy some drill bits that are NOT boring and possibly even
exciting?

The Home Repair Dude

*(My home repairs are scheduled for completion on June 1, 2099)

Get some triangle bits. They drill triangle holes.

Sounds as goofy as drilling square holes. Square holes are easily drilled
in wood.

Sounds goofy but there is actually a drill system which will drill
triangular or square holes in metal. It uses a guide and a bit with one
flute less than the number of sides desired. Can't think of the name of it
right now. A hand-held regular drill bit will sometimes drill a somewhat
triangular hole that the round shank will not pass thru, especially in thin
metal.

Don Young

Don Young

Red Green January 12th 09 05:09 AM

I'd like some exciting drill bits

"Don Young" wrote in
webinternetservicesprov
ideinc:

"Red Green" wrote in message
Van Chocstraw wrote in
:

Home Repair Dude wrote:
[...]

And there's the cutting a perfectly round circle of wood on a table saw
trick using a pretty simple home made jig. I think there's a YouTube clip
on that someplace.

Smitty Two January 12th 09 05:17 AM

I'd like some exciting drill bits

In article
nternetservicesprovide
inc,
"Don Young" wrote:

"Red Green" wrote in message
Van Chocstraw wrote in
:

Home Repair Dude wrote:
[...]

Yer right, it does sound goofy. I guess you don't have a link since you
can't scare up the name of it.

Red Green January 13th 09 03:09 AM

I'd like some exciting drill bits

Smitty Two wrote in
:

In article
nternetservicesprovid
e inc,
"Don Young" wrote:

"Red Green" wrote in message
Van Chocstraw wrote in
:

Home Repair Dude wrote:
[...]

As always, just Google it. Using

table saw jig circle

popped some hits.

Smitty Two January 13th 09 04:24 AM

I'd like some exciting drill bits

In article ,
Red Green wrote:

Smitty Two wrote in
:

In article
nternetservicesprovid
e inc,
"Don Young" wrote:

"Red Green" wrote in message
Van Chocstraw wrote in
:

Home Repair Dude wrote:
[...]

Pay some goddamn attention. I'm not referring to, nor did I reply to,
the "table saw jig circle" issue.

Don Young January 13th 09 04:59 AM

I'd like some exciting drill bits

"Red Green" wrote in message
Smitty Two wrote in
:

In article
nternetservicesprovid
e inc,
"Don Young" wrote:

"Red Green" wrote in message
Van Chocstraw wrote in
:

Home Repair Dude wrote:
[...]

This link explains it: http://upper.us.edu/faculty/smith/reuleaux.htm

Don Young

Smitty Two January 13th 09 05:10 AM

I'd like some exciting drill bits

In article

inc,
"Don Young" wrote:

"Red Green" wrote in message
Smitty Two wrote in
:

In article
nternetservicesprovid
e inc,
"Don Young" wrote:

"Red Green" wrote in message
Van Chocstraw wrote in
:

Home Repair Dude wrote:
[...]

Thanks Don. I'll chew on that one a bit (so to speak.)

The Daring Dufas[_6_] January 19th 09 04:00 AM

Home Repair Dude wrote:
I'd like some exciting drill bits.
All the drill bits I see advertised say they are boring bits. I dont
want to be bored when I'm drilling, or I'll fall asleep on the job.
Where can I buy some drill bits that are NOT boring and possibly even
exciting?

The Home Repair Dude

*(My home repairs are scheduled for completion on June 1, 2099)

My drill bits aren't boring but they are really twisted.

TDD