Posted to alt.home.repair

Default faucet that cannot be left on just a trickle

I have a single handle bath faucet that shuts itself off when I want just a
trickle of flow, caused by gravity and the weight of its handle. My solution
is to add a counter weight:

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/7020105_3XFKR

However, this doesn't look very elegant. Do you have another suggestions? It
doesn't have to be perfect; any improvement over mine is welcome.

In case you wonder, the faucet is this model:
http://www.pricepfister.com/bath/Product/042-AMFC.aspx#

I don't want to replace the faucet -- not worth the trouble.

(sorry if you get duplicate post; my first post didn't show after a few days
so I re-post on a different server)

Posted to alt.home.repair

john wrote:
I have a single handle bath faucet that shuts itself off when I want
just a trickle of flow, caused by gravity and the weight of its handle.
My solution is to add a counter weight:

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/7020105_3XFKR

However, this doesn't look very elegant. Do you have another
suggestions? It doesn't have to be perfect; any improvement over mine is
welcome.

In case you wonder, the faucet is this model:
http://www.pricepfister.com/bath/Product/042-AMFC.aspx#

I don't want to replace the faucet -- not worth the trouble.

(sorry if you get duplicate post; my first post didn't show after a few
days so I re-post on a different server)

You should be able to take the handle off and once you have it off there should
be a screw or a nut (depends on the model). Just tighten ever so slightly.

Chris
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 9, 7:27*pm, ktos wrote:
"john" wrote :

I have a single handle bath faucet that shuts itself off when I want
just a trickle of flow, caused by gravity and the weight of its
handle. My solution is to add a counter weight:

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/7020105_3XFKR

However, this doesn't look very elegant. Do you have another
suggestions? It doesn't have to be perfect; any improvement over mine
is welcome.

In case you wonder, the faucet is this model:
http://www.pricepfister.com/bath/Product/042-AMFC.aspx#

I don't want to replace the faucet -- not worth the trouble.

(sorry if you get duplicate post; my first post didn't show after a
few days so I re-post on a different server)

That photo appears to be in a public washroom.

Look carefully at the picture (hover over upper-right and click
original)
wood backsplash
pop-up drain
bottle of Drano Max (http://www.prestosupply.net/store/images/
j30015.jpeg)
reflection of naked woman taking the picture

I don't think it is a public washroom
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 9, 9:18*pm, Limp Arbor wrote:

Look carefully at the picture (hover over upper-right and click
original)
wood backsplash
pop-up drain
bottle of Drano Max (http://www.prestosupply.net/store/images/
j30015.jpeg)
reflection of naked woman taking the picture

I don't think it is a public washroom

sorry about the wrap
http://www.prestosupply.net/store/images/j30015.jpeg
Posted to alt.home.repair

john wrote:
I have a single handle bath faucet that shuts itself off when I want
just a trickle of flow, caused by gravity and the weight of its handle.
My solution is to add a counter weight:

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/7020105_3XFKR

However, this doesn't look very elegant. Do you have another
suggestions? It doesn't have to be perfect; any improvement over mine is
welcome.

In case you wonder, the faucet is this model:
http://www.pricepfister.com/bath/Product/042-AMFC.aspx#

I don't want to replace the faucet -- not worth the trouble.

(sorry if you get duplicate post; my first post didn't show after a few
days so I re-post on a different server)

Assuming you are not a troll, just replace the cartridge, P/N 974-035.
the maintenance instructions telling you just how to do taht are he

http://tinyurl.com/9xqpnt

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 12:29:26 -0800, "john" wrote:

I have a single handle bath faucet that shuts itself off when I want just a
trickle of flow, caused by gravity and the weight of its handle. My solution
is to add a counter weight:

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/7020105_3XFKR

However, this doesn't look very elegant.

No it doesn't. Use a grey rubber band.

Do you have another suggestions? It
doesn't have to be perfect; any improvement over mine is welcome.

Trickle Chargers? Duff[_2_] Home Repair 2 April 8th 08 04:05 PM
recommend a trickle vent misterroy UK diy 0 September 10th 07 09:56 PM
trickle charger mm Electronics Repair 9 November 7th 06 08:47 AM
Woohoo! Broke in the new house: left the water faucet on.... [email protected] Home Repair 4 June 1st 06 07:40 PM
Trickle Vents RedOnRed UK diy 2 September 4th 05 10:08 PM