DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   water heater (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/268231-water-heater.html)

Charlie[_7_] January 5th 09 04:12 PM

water heater

We changed the water heater last week. This is a HUD approved model for
mobile/manufactured homes. The cold supply comes in at the bottom and so
there is no dip tube. It has been in use 5 days now.

The hot water now seems to have very fine bubbles in it. Hot water in a
glass initially looks cloudy. As you watch it, it shows that it is full of
very small bubbles that float up to the top and dissapate. In a minute or so
the water is clear.

This never happened with the old heater. We are on a municipal water
system. There is no detectable odor.

What causes this? Is there a fix?

Charlie

Edwin Pawlowski January 5th 09 05:56 PM

water heater

"Charlie" wrote in message
We changed the water heater last week. This is a HUD approved model for
mobile/manufactured homes. The cold supply comes in at the bottom and so
there is no dip tube. It has been in use 5 days now.

The hot water now seems to have very fine bubbles in it. Hot water in a
glass initially looks cloudy. As you watch it, it shows that it is full of
very small bubbles that float up to the top and dissapate. In a minute or
so the water is clear.

This never happened with the old heater. We are on a municipal water
system. There is no detectable odor.

What causes this? Is there a fix?

Charlie

The fix is time. You get tiny air bubbles for a little while, especially in
winter.

Charlie[_7_] January 6th 09 02:58 AM

water heater

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Charlie" wrote in message
We changed the water heater last week. This is a HUD approved model for
mobile/manufactured homes. The cold supply comes in at the bottom and so
there is no dip tube. It has been in use 5 days now.

The hot water now seems to have very fine bubbles in it. Hot water in a
glass initially looks cloudy. As you watch it, it shows that it is full
of very small bubbles that float up to the top and dissapate. In a minute
or so the water is clear.

This never happened with the old heater. We are on a municipal water
system. There is no detectable odor.

What causes this? Is there a fix?

Charlie

The fix is time. You get tiny air bubbles for a little while, especially
in winter.

I'm in SW Florida. Winter weather today hit 80. S/C required.