Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Seventeen Pounds

That's how much the opossum oweighed! Caught him Monday night.

Meanwhile, my son had a small emergency: A young outdoor cat suffered a
"glove" wound, seemingly at the hands (so to speak) of two pre-dead
rotweillers.

A "glove" wound is where the skin/fur is sheared from the animal's tail -
like removing a glove.

Anyway, son gets an appointment with vet to have the tail repaired (actually
removed) and I used this as a teaching moment. He, I, the injured cat, and
the osurly opossum go to the vet's.

Only one of the six employees of the clinic had ever been this oclose to a
opossum.

Lots of ooh'ing and ahh'ing. The opossum ohissed at the technicians - they
ogiggled! The opossum opened wide his omouth - the employees remarked on the
many sharp oteeth! The three veterinarians on duty were more sanguine -
"I've known opossums," one said, "nasty ocreatures."

My son and his discouraged cat go home. The opossum and I go back to our
garage where I give the opossum a bowl of dry cat food. An hour later, the
food is gone, so Mr. Opossum and I take a little trip to a large field not
far away.

Last seen, the opossum was owaddling off into the night looking for more cat
food to ofilch.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"in2dadark" wrote in message
On Dec 31, 7:20 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
[...]

********************************888

That's 0'eatin' to you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 16:49:47 -0800 (PST), in2dadark
wrote:

Last seen, the opossum was owaddling off into the night looking for more cat
food to ofilch.

Good eatin'

Oh, please......
My hangover is bad enough, and now you just made my stomach turn.
Bleeeccchhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in
:

Meanwhile, my son had a small emergency: A young outdoor cat suffered
a "glove" wound, seemingly at the hands (so to speak) of two pre-dead
rotweillers.

A "glove" wound is where the skin/fur is sheared from the animal's
tail - like removing a glove.

Anyway, son gets an appointment with vet to have the tail repaired
(actually removed)

I had my car detailed once...

--
Steve
southiowa

weltschmerz
Pronunciation: 'velt-"shmerts
Function: noun
: mental depression or apathy caused by comparison of the actual state
of the world with an ideal state

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 18:20:00 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

[...]

I set a Hav-A-Hart to trap a groundhog. Instead, the next day I found
a possum stuffed completely inside the trap with no room. The possum
was square-shaped with the fur coming out all sides of the trap. I
opened the trap from both sides but the animal was stuck. I pushed
his butt with a toilet plunger, he came out of the trap on the other
side then quietly walked away. Came across to me like a stupid
animal.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Phisherman wrote:

I set a Hav-A-Hart to trap a groundhog. Instead, the next day I found
a possum stuffed completely inside the trap with no room. The possum
was square-shaped with the fur coming out all sides of the trap. I
opened the trap from both sides but the animal was stuck. I pushed
his butt with a toilet plunger, he came out of the trap on the other
side then quietly walked away. Came across to me like a stupid
animal.

Jeeze! That must have been one huge opossum, I thought they were about the
same size as a groundhog...

'Course I've only seen one groundhog in the fur. While visiting the Audubon
Society of Western Pennsylvania Sanctuary and Nature trails, I was
introduced to Harriet, their semi-pet groundhog. I told the executive
director that we didn't have groundhogs in my part of Texas, but we did have
armadillos.

"Tell ya what," I offered, "I'll trade you an armadillo for a groundhog!"

"Good God NO!" shuddered the Audubon guy, "Can you imagine what would happen
to the granny-ladies walking our bird-watching trails if an armadillo
waddled out in front of them?"