Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Government vs. private enterprise. Was: Home Depot vs. "Real whateverstore"

On 12/30/08 02:41 pm I wrote:

In almost every case where a government service has been contracted to
private enterprise, the service improves or the cost goes down or
both. In
almost every case where a private service has been assumed by a
governmental
agency, the cost goes up or the service deteriorates or both.

For decades most state governments in Australia -- no matter what their
political "complexion" -- ran enterprises that competed with private
enterprises: e.g., banks and insurance companies. The govt. enterprises,
not needing to make a profit, kept the private enterprises from being
too greedy; the private enterprises, possibly having a less burdensome
administrative structure, kept the govt. enterprises from being too
inefficient.

As for quality of service.... Every Post Office was an agency of the
Commonwealth Savings Bank. So the inhabitants of Woop-Woop (pop. 57, a
significant proportion of whom were drunk at any given moment) -- with a
general store (with a "sub Post Office" occupying a few feet at the end
of one counter), two pubs and no churches -- had banking facilities.
Nobody cared whether the "banking business" done there showed a profit;
it was a service to the public.

Since the privatization of the Commonwealth Bank, any location that
didn't show a profit was closed, so many communities have been left with
no banking services.

Perce

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Home Depot vs. "Real whatever store"

"Van Chocstraw" wrote in message
I notice a great price difference between two HD's 20 miles apart in
different towns. The same goes for the availability of low priced items
which are absent in the higher priced store.

A recent experience I had is I needed to replace the circulator on my wood
boiler. Went to HD in local town, nothing under $100.00.
Went to next town to Loews, nothing under $100.00 there either. But the HD
in the same town as Loews had a model for $80.00 and another for $65.00.
It they were quality pump makers.

I think the local managers can do pretty much what they want at HD.

Many chain store tailor both the products and the prices to the local
clientele. Last time I needed a circulator, it was $75 at HD and $45 at the
local plumbing supply house.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Van Chocstraw wrote:
Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
Our old wooden garage door is not in good shape. Saturday we went and
had a look at the Clopay doors at the local HD and got a price
including installation. In the course of conversation I said, "Why
Home Depot? You're not the only people who sell Clopay. According to
the Clopay Web site, company name here sells their doors too." HD
guy says, "If you buy from us, they're the people that do our
installations anyway."

Today I went to the other store and got a significantly lower price
(including installation) for what is in all material respects the same
door but with a different model number -- and they don't use (because
they don't recommend) the EZ-Set spring system that can be adjusted
with a power drill.

So two conclusions:

1. Buying from HD -- and the same quite likely applies to Lowe's as
well -- doesn't necessarily mean that you get some dumb-ass
lowest-bidder installer rather than somebody who knows what (s)he is
doing.

2. Buying from HD -- and the same quite likely applies to Lowe's as
well -- doesn't necessarily mean that you get the best price.

Perce

I notice a great price difference between two HD's 20 miles apart in
different towns. The same goes for the availability of low priced items
which are absent in the higher priced store.

A recent experience I had is I needed to replace the circulator on my
wood boiler. Went to HD in local town, nothing under $100.00.
Went to next town to Loews, nothing under $100.00 there either. But the
HD in the same town as Loews had a model for $80.00 and another for
$65.00. It they were quality pump makers.

I think the local managers can do pretty much what they want at HD.

Or just go to the real place and pay $50. My neighbor's heating system
went down and he asked me about it. The circulator had failed. This guy
is a total believer that big box is his buddy just like the marketing
tells him so he immediately wants to drive 10 miles to hd. I asked him
to check how much his friends at hd will sell it to him and he called
and they wanted $70 for a Taco cartridge pump. We have a great mom & pop
place that is 1/3 of the distance away. I called them and they wanted
$49 for the same model.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/31/08 11:01 am George wrote:

[...]

It occurs to me that this *could* be because the mom and pop store has
had this thing sitting on the shelf for a while, purchased when prices
were lower. If HD sells more of them, the ones they have on the shelf
could have been bought at a higher price.

So HD isn't *necessarily* out to screw you. It may just be how things
happened at a particular time in a particular place.

I realize that there's a difference between groceries and
hardware/electrical/plumbing, but I've read that mom and pop grocery
stores often have to pay more for items than the local supermarket chain
is selling them for -- and they can't just buy their stock from the
supermarket instead of from the distributor because the supermarket
often limits the quantities an individual customer can buy. (A long time
ago, limiting quantities was illegal in South Australia, but I don't
know whether it is anywhere else -- or even whether it still is in SA).

Perce

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in message
[...]

The Homedepots around here will MATCH any local competitior...I've done it a
couple of times...

Posted to alt.home.repair

"benick" wrote in message

The Homedepots around here will MATCH any local competitior...I've done it
a couple of times...

So why not just buy from the local guy in the first place and avoid the
running around and price matching? Ask the HD manager why they don't have
the lowest price from the start, just like the other guy.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve Barker" wrote in message
a TACO for $49?? Somethings fishy there....

Not if you only need the cartridge. Check the $55 ones here
http://www.pexsupply.com/categories....D=442&brandid=

Posted to alt.home.repair

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
[...]

It is a family owned plumbing supply house that has been around for
probably 100 years which originally started as a mining equipment
supplier and they do high volume. The other reason I like them is that
they have a wide stock not just a small range like big box. I bought the
hepex and fittings there when I did the underfloor radiant heat in the
house. They also provide excellent warranty support. I had a hot water
package boiler fail under warranty that was in a property I own. I
called one of the brothers end of day and he said they could bring over
a replacement first stop the next morning and he simply requested that I
have the old one disconnected to save two trips. Ask yourself what big
box gives that sort of service.

Along the same lines I put a deck on the house. I made a bill of
materials and gave it to the local lumber yard and had it delivered
sight unseen. Same neighbor who believes the big box marketing came over
to examine the lumber and remarked "you must have been at "the depot"
all day picking this out". I explained that I simply ordered it and
didn't have to pick out anything. I know the son who does the buying and
he said you can specify any quality you want when ordering lumber. They
order better stuff. I also showed the receipt to him so he could see how
much less I paid than "the depot".

So HD isn't *necessarily* out to screw you. It may just be how things
happened at a particular time in a particular place.

I realize that there's a difference between groceries and
hardware/electrical/plumbing, but I've read that mom and pop grocery
stores often have to pay more for items than the local supermarket chain
is selling them for -- and they can't just buy their stock from the
supermarket instead of from the distributor because the supermarket
often limits the quantities an individual customer can buy. (A long time
ago, limiting quantities was illegal in South Australia, but I don't
know whether it is anywhere else -- or even whether it still is in SA).

Perce

Posted to alt.home.repair

benick wrote:

[...]

So what would be the point of wasting my time doing that? I can get
better prices and often better quality at the local places.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 31, 12:34*pm, George wrote:
benick wrote:

[...]

better prices and often better quality at the local places.- Hide quoted text -

The reason you would do that is because, according to some posters, if
you go to the local store you're going to get sneered at, laughed at,
berated and trampled.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

The reason you would do that is because, according to some posters, if
you go to the local store you're going to get sneered at, laughed at,
berated and trampled.

Thee may be a few of those stores still around, but most have come to their
senses and appreciate anyone's business. OTOH, some customers still deserve
that sneer. I know of an auto parts store where a well to do customer came
in, asked for a part, paid, and then asked the clerk if he could do him a
favor and install it. Happens more often than you think. Cheap SOB just
did not want to pay a mechanic and did not want to get his hands dirty.

Others want the plumbing or electrical supply store to tell them what parts
they need, how to do the job and how they can get a discount, all while the
store is very busy with tradesmen trying to get supplies for a job they are
working.

Go to the plumbing supply and know what you need and ask for it. If you buy
12 elbows, don't expect to get warm greetings when you return the two you
did not use. And don't expect to get a course on how to solder.

Posted to alt.home.repair

benick wrote:

[...]

Or I guess we could laugh at the folks required to do what my friend
calls the "big box dance" running back and forth to match prices like
they are on some reality show.

Posted to alt.home.repair

RickH wrote:

This used to be true, now it is simply not true, maybe there are a few
"straggler" stores in your area. But HD made a conscious effort to
"standardize" all their stores some years ago. IMO they were a much
better outfit when they let the local manages decide what to buy and
stock un-standardized. If I go to a HD store in Chicago I expect the
electrical aisle to be full of rigid conduit, whereas in Kane county I
would expect it to be full of Romex stuff. Now you cant find exactly
what you need for local codes because every store is identical and
compromised.

So, HD attempts to sell snow blowers in Miami?

Posted to alt.home.repair

benick wrote:

[...]

Ever hear of the new 2 fangled inventions called a CELLPHONE and the
INTERNET....Idiots....All it takes is a couple of minutes to do your
homework before you buy...Sometimes I wonder how some make it through the
day by themselves...Tirewarehouse even supplies a phone with numbers to
local competitors so you can check in a minute if it's the best
price...Money might not be important to some but to some of us every buck
counts , especially now....Maybe that's why stores like Walmart and Micky Ds
are the only ones not crying for a bailout and MAKING MONEY....

Posted to alt.home.repair

benick wrote:

[...]

are the only ones not crying for a bailout and MAKING MONEY....- Hide quoted text -

In an earlier post you said:

"The Homedepots around here will MATCH any local competitior...I've
done it a couple of times... "

A couple of times..impressive.

And how many times have you tried to price match only find that the HD
model was not the exact same model as the local stores model - thus,
no price match?

How often have you seen a single digit difference or an extra letter
in a model number - even from a major manufacturer - making it a
"different" item. InSinkErator comes to mind - Lowes vs. HD vs. the
local hardware stores all carry different model numbers, even in the
same HP ranges. I wonder how that happens.

Tires are easy - in many cases you'll find the same Goodyear/Firestone/
Michelin model at different tires stores. Try that with many of the
things we buy from HD. Other than your "couple of times" price
matching between stores is a pretty much a farce these days.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 15:11:52 -0500, "benick"
wrote:

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
On Dec 30, 11:23 am, wrote:
On Dec 30, 8:29 am, DerbyDad03 wrote:

But it's OK with you if mom and pop give up their evenings and
weekends to stay open for you.

If they want to be a profitable business, they need to do what it
takes. By only being open during "business hours" they are FORCING a
lot of people to shop elsewhere even if they don't want to.

There's a big difference between "refusing" to change and being able
to afford staffing for evenings and weekends, along with the benefits
and other costs of doing business.

There's a difference in cost between being open 8AM to 5PM vs. being
open from 10AM to 7PM?

What staffing is there to afford? Mom and Pop work for free.

I'm tired of feeling stupid trying to explain what I want and
being laughed at by contractors and yard help.

That sounds like a personal problem...or perhaps a problem with the
places you shop.

The condescending attitude of the employees at mom & pop stores is
pretty widespread. Of course you know the lingo, can talk shop with
the good ol' boys, and spend lots and lots of money at your favorite
mom & pop, so you've never experienced it. You don't get treated the
same when you come in for a faucet washer or a can of spray paint as
you do if you come in for a truckload of lumber. I'm not asking for a
foot massage, just a little civility. I don't care if you think I'm a
waste of your time, but keep it to yourself. Smile, ring me up, and
say "thank you." Keep the sneering and grumbling to yourself.

Personally, I'd rather deal with contractors who know their business
than the staff at the borgs who were flipping hamburgers or let go
from their accounting job yesterday. I spend more time explaining how
things work to them so they can figure out if they carry what I need.
Many times I find it on my own 'cuz they don't know what they carry or
- worse yet - don't know *why* they carry it.

Me too, but I'm not a contractor or a good ol' boy, so the mom & pop
shops give me little or no consideration. At least the people at HD
and Lowes TRY to help.

It's at the "real" stores where I can toss out a general idea and get
suggestions from them on how to get it done - and I don't feel stupid,
just like I wouldn't expect them to feel stupid if they ask me for
advice related to my line of work.

I don't feel stupid. I'm MADE to feel stupid when I'm told that what I
want to do is stupid. I'm MADE to feel stupid when I get the dirty
looks and aggrivated sneers.

Wow! Based on this post and your earlier one, you must have some
pretty crappy "mom and pop" stores in your area. I wouldn't shop there
either if they treated me like you make it sound.

Lucky for me, and many others in my area, we get treated with respect
and we get help from knowledgeable staff. That must be why these
stores are still in business, even with their limited hours. That must
be why the same store names keep coming up when people ask "Where do
you get your plumbing/electrical/whatever supplies?"

Here's a perfect example: I just ordered a part from a local appliance
parts store for my washer. I'll keep going back to them every time
because of the way I, a DIY homeowner, not an appliance repair
business, get treated. A few weeks ago I troubleshot my dryer and
stopped in to order the part I thought I needed. The woman behind the
counter asked me (nicely) why I thought it was that part. When I
described the symptoms, she suggested a different - and cheaper - part
which was more likely the cause. Turns out she was right. I guess in
your part of town I would have been laughed at, sneered at, and
probably sold the wrong part so I would have to go back and buy more.
Of course, I had to pick the part up before 5 on a weekday.

BTW – this is the same store that suggested I buy a sheet of Microwave
waveguide cover material instead of the single piece cover sold by
part number for my specific oven. That has saved me both time and
money.

When I went to real window store to buy windows, the installation
process was explained to me in detail, with no laughter or sneers. The
guy even suggested that I install the first window during his work
hours so I could call him if I had any questions. "Once you do one,
you'll sail through the rest." Guess who I'm going back to when I
replace my front door in the spring?

Consider this: Maybe what you want to do *is* stupid, or maybe you're
just too sensitive. Why would anyone give you dirty looks and
aggravated sneers when you are in their place of business to spend
money? Where I live, they offer suggestions meant to help so that
you'll come back and spend more money with them. I don’t live my life
thinking that I know all the answers and I don’t mind asking for help
when I need it.

Regardless of whether it's you or your location that causes you to get
the laughs and sneers, if you're ever up in my neck of the woods I'll
take you to some locally owned businesses where they treat their
customers with respect and are willing to help you complete your
projects - because they truly care if you come back, not like the
borgs where volume is all that matters.

Gotta go now - I need to call the parts counter at a mom and pop
lighting store to see if they carry a twin-breaker to fit my panel. I
seriously doubt that they'll laugh at me.

Regardless of all the bull**** spread here if they ain't open they ain't
gonna sell anything....It really is as simple as that....

I don't shop the mom and pop stores here. The items are covered with
dust, their prices are the highest, and they close when I need them
most (Fri night, Sat afternoon, and Sundays). There used to be a
dumpy-looking woman working there years ago that seemed to know
everything, but now she's been replaced with a young good-looking
air-head valley girl. HD gets the customers, but there is a lot more
worthless junk so shop carefully.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 30, 11:23 am, wrote:
On Dec 30, 8:29 am, DerbyDad03 wrote:

But it's OK with you if mom and pop give up their evenings and
weekends to stay open for you.
If they want to be a profitable business, they need to do what it
takes. By only being open during "business hours" they are FORCING a
lot of people to shop elsewhere even if they don't want to.

There's a big difference between "refusing" to change and being able
to afford staffing for evenings and weekends, along with the benefits
and other costs of doing business.
There's a difference in cost between being open 8AM to 5PM vs. being
open from 10AM to 7PM?

What staffing is there to afford? Mom and Pop work for free.

Cost isn't the only factor. Ma'n'pa places, and real supply houses, need
to be open when their main customers, tradesmen, are starting THEIR day.
DIY homeowners may come in half a dozen times a year. People that fix
stuff for a living come in half a dozen times a week. Guess who brings
more money in the door? Guess who needs less hand-holding?

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote:

In an earlier post you said:

[...]

Agree on all of the above. Like my friend says they have you doing the
"big box dance".

But you do have to watch out for those rotten mom & pop tire places...
There are a couple of them in this area. One is right down the road so
it is really convenient. You will spend more if you buy from an online
store and have them mounted someplace (I checked).

And to prove how rotten they are their service stinks too. I went out
one morning and had a flat. It was really cold so I pumped it up and it
looked like it would allow me to drive over to the tire place so I did.
I pulled in and he told me he was backed up and it would take 15 minutes
to get me in. They removed the tire from the wheel and patched it
properly from the inside and balanced and mounted it. He said "you are
ready to go". I asked how much and he simply said "we sold you those
tires so it is no charge". This was even though I had not purchased any
additional insurance or coverage.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 2, 7:12*am, Phisherman wrote:
On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 15:11:52 -0500, "benick"
wrote:

Big Snip

I don't shop the mom and pop stores here. *The items are covered with
dust, their prices are the highest, and they close when I need them
most (Fri night, Sat afternoon, and Sundays). * There used to be a
dumpy-looking woman working there years ago that seemed to know
everything, but now she's been replaced with a young good-looking
air-head valley girl. * HD gets the customers, but there is a lot more
worthless junk so shop carefully.- Hide quoted text -

"I don't shop the mom and pop stores here."

Keep in mind that this thread was mainly about HD vs. "real whatever
stores". Many (myself included) have been interchanging (or including)
"mom & pop stores" with "locally owned stores". Sometimes there's a
difference, sometimes there's not.

In many cases, "locally owned" doesn't mean a grizzled old man and
dumpy-looking woman behind the counter. It may be a franchise of a
national company, such as the Norandex Reynolds where I bought my
windows for considerably less than I would have paid at HD or Lowes.
Sometimes it's a regional chain, like VP Supply in western NY where
they have a plumbing parts counter in the back of The Bath Showroom,
and sometimes it *is* a single store owned by an individual or a
family.

I think the point was that in many, many cases you can get a better
deal and better quality by going to a store that is dedicated to a
specific "sector", such as a dedicated paint store, a lighting store
with a electircal parts counter or a building supply house that
doesn't sell everything from Ajax to snow blowers to electric
fireplaces. Some of the real "mom and pop" stores may also have a
specialty. We have a small hardware store whose claim to fame is
plumbing supplies and another whose paint department rivals anything
you'll find at the borgs.

Yes, the hours and locations of the borgs may make them a lot more
convenient, but I don't mind the drive or the scheduling required to
patronize the "dedicated stores" when shopping for my projects.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 2, 9:34*am, George wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:

In an earlier post you said:

[...]

additional insurance or coverage.- Hide quoted text -

re "You will spend more if you buy from an online store and have them
mounted someplace (I checked). "

I've checked too. It all depends on when and where. In some cases I've
purchased tires from on-line stores and ended up with "4 for the price
of 3" compared to the local tire stores, even after mounting and
balancing. Was it a bit more inconvenient to have to load the tires
into my van once they were delivered? Sure, but for over a $100 in
savings, I didn't mind.

In other cases the local stores were having sales, so I bought cheaper
locally.

It also depends on where you have them mounted. Take them to a
national chain where selling tires is their business, and they may
charge you more than the "mom and pop" used tire/used car parts scrap
yard where I go. Mounting and balancing is mounting and balancing. I
don't need a fancy showroom with a flat screen TV and gourmet coffee
machine - where I'm paying extra for those creature comforts. I'd
rather put my boots on and walk through a muddy junk yard if it saves
me a third or more in the cost of the service. (Although I gotta
admit, the 35 cent coffee from the beat up vending machine was
brutal!)

One year I saved enough by buying a set of high-end snow tires on-line
to purchase a set of used wheels from that same yard so I could leave
my snows on the rims and change them myself. None of the "chain
stores" could come close to the price I paid for the tires on-line or
the rims and mounting from the local shop.

Ya gotta shop around - that's half the fun!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 31 2008, 8:30*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
RickH wrote:

This used to be true, now it is simply not true, maybe there are a few
"straggler" stores in your area. *But HD made a conscious effort to
"standardize" all their stores some years ago. *IMO they were a much
better outfit when they let the local manages decide what to buy and
stock un-standardized. *If I go to a HD store in Chicago I expect the
electrical aisle to be full ofrigidconduit, whereas in Kane county I
would expect it to be full of Romex stuff. *Now you cant find exactly
what you need for local codes because every store is identical and
compromised.

So, HD attempts to sell snow blowers in Miami?

No, but the blowers they do sell will be largely the same models
across snowy states. Nor will they be selling Chrismas trees in
July. The HD standardization was a big project written about in
financial papers about 5 years ago, implemented by the CEO now running
chrysler. In my area there is not enough appreciable difference in
products to make multiple HD trips worthwhile. About 10 years ago
there was a big difference before they standardized suppliers.

Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

On Dec 29 2008, 3:58*pm, "Percival P. Cassidy"
wrote:
[...]

I think the only time in recent memory that the "real" store didn't
come through for me but HD did was the other day when I needed to make
my own knockout hole in an old shop light... and I realized that my
Unibit was in my desk drawer at work. None of the mom 'n' pops
stocked Unibits, but the HD did (not a Unibit(R) but the Greenlee
version thereof.) I paid through the nose for it though.

It was still worth the $36 not to have to stick my head in the office
that day though It was a work day, but I was on "vacation" - yes,
I was hanging lights in my laundry room while on my vacation...
(weeps)

The downside to the mom 'n' pops is very limited hours. Need to pick
up something on the way home from work? Saturday afternoon? Sunday?
Off to That Orange Colored Store...

nate

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 12:07:28 -0500, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

"benick" wrote in message

The Homedepots around here will MATCH any local competitior...I've done it
a couple of times...

So why not just buy from the local guy in the first place and avoid the
running around and price matching? Ask the HD manager why they don't have
the lowest price from the start, just like the other guy.

I went to a local hardware store and they had a gas-powered leaf
blower for $80 more than I can have it delivered from an Internet
site. I offered the owner the price, he got mad. Home Depot won't
match an Internet price either. Why waste time (and gasoline) with
locals who won't deal? Fcuk this siht!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 2, 8:49*am, aemeijers wrote:

snip

Cost isn't the only factor. Ma'n'pa places, andrealsupply houses, need
to be open when their main customers, tradesmen, are starting THEIR day.
DIY homeowners may come in half a dozen times a year. People that fix
stuff for a living come in half a dozen times a week. Guess who brings
more money in the door? Guess who needs less hand-holding?

--
aem sends...- Hide quoted text -

I gotta give props where they're deserved...

Last night I drove 300 miles to my Dad's house in Chicopee MA to do
some plumbing repairs at his and my sister's house. This morning my
sister told me that she had heard that Larry's Heating Hardware &
Plumbing Supply was pretty good. Open 7:30 to 5:30, Mon - Sat. Old
place, wooden floors, dusty shelves and million parts. One of those
"real stores" that some folks in this group have been bad mouthin'.

I needed a kitchen faucet, stems for a Kohler diverter, a tub spout
and few other things. So my Dad and I head over to Larry's for our
parts.

Jose greeted us with a smile and a hello as soon as we walked in.
After showing him what we needed, here's the service we - just a
couple of DIY homeowners who had never been in the store before -
received:

Faucet: Jose opened 4 - 5 faucets so my dad could decide on one - no
shrink-wrap like the borgs, you could actually touch the faucets and
parts. Once we decided on the faucet and I described how the old one
was in and what I wanted to change to make the installation easier, he
went to all the right drawers and gave me all the fittings I needed,
first try. "Need any solder or flux or anything like that?" "No
thanks, all set."

Diverter Stems: Jose matched up the stems, opened the plastic bags,
lubed up the O-rings and put them back in the bag. He reminded me to
make sure I take the old washer and O-ring out of the bonnet nut
before I install the new stems. "On those old Kohler nuts, you might
not even notice the washer is in there."

Tub spout: Jose matched up the tub spout and asked me if I wanted him
to remove the nipple from the one I had brought in. "Sure, Thanks!" He
went into the back, removed the old nipple and wire-brushed the
threads so they were shiny and new.

BTW...we weren't the only customers in the store. A few of the other
workers were treating other customers - some of whom were obviously
"professionals" - the same way we were being treated. It was apparent
that you didn't need to be one of their regulars, or a cash-cow
contractor, to get good service.

Yes, the borgs may be open to 10PM on weekdays, and even open on
Sundays, but never have I been given service like I got at Larry's
today. They've earned my business, and any other projects I do for my
Dad will be planned around their hours of operation.