Posted to alt.home.repair

Default gas fireplace won't start-up - pilot is lit

I have a gas fireplace that won't come on. The pilot light is lit & stays on but it never comes on. I've changed the thermocouple & it still won't come on.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Pilot is lit ,new thermopile and thermocoupler. Paperclip jump doesn't work , smell gas in on position. Any ideas thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

My fireplace pilot light worked but I could not turn it on. I was all ready to call for service and this thread motivated me to give fixing it a try/ I did the paperclip jump and it worked so I then went to the switch and connected the wires together and the fireplace also started. It turned out to be a defective light switch. New switch and all fixed. Thanks to all for your suggestions!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 26 Mar 2021 17:59:08 -0700 (PDT), Ivan Tseng posted for all of us to
digest...

My fireplace pilot light worked but I could not turn it on. I was all ready to call for service and this thread motivated me to give fixing it a try/ I did the paperclip jump and it worked so I then went to the switch and connected the wires together and the fireplace also started. It turned out to be a defective light switch.

New switch and all fixed. Thanks to all for your suggestions!

Good job and thanks for the feedback. Someone else may benefit from it.

--
Tekkie