DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Water valves - why multiturn? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/267131-re-water-valves-why-multiturn.html)

Don & Lucille December 18th 08 08:17 PM

Water valves - why multiturn?

Only thing is if you close the water valve (1/4 turn)too fast it's liable to
cause water hammer
"Aaron Fude" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm talking about valves that you find in various places in your
home's water supply system.
It seems to me that a quarter-turn valve with a biggish (typically
red) lever is most convenient type to use. It gives you good leverage
it doesn't look like it's going to break off. I have had bad luck with
multi-turn valves. Sometimes they are invonvenient to use if they are
hard to reach. the handles have broken on a number of occasions and
two main ones - the ones that control the water coming in - do not
shut the water off completely. So when replacing all of these, I was
planning on using the quarter-turn-big-lever types. So I am wondering
if my choice is sound and whether I am missing something.

Thank you in advance,

Aaron

Steve Barker[_4_] December 19th 08 01:19 AM

Water valves - why multiturn?

oh no! not that.