DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   The Smartbolt (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/266347-smartbolt.html)

HeyBub[_3_] December 7th 08 12:52 AM

The Smartbolt

Has an indicator in the head to tell you when you've tightened it enough. I
prefer to tighten bolts until I can feel the head beginning to shear off.

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/t...top-tightening

Is this the end of the torque wrench?

Pete C. December 7th 08 02:24 AM

The Smartbolt

HeyBub wrote:

Has an indicator in the head to tell you when you've tightened it enough. I
prefer to tighten bolts until I can feel the head beginning to shear off.

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/t...top-tightening

Is this the end of the torque wrench?

Hilti and others have long had various types of torque indicating bolts.

BobK207 December 7th 08 09:16 AM

The Smartbolt

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/t...t-lets-you-kno...

Is this the end of the torque wrench?

Is this the end of the torque wrench?

Not when you see the price of these bolts.

cheers
Bob