DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Case 62 toilet valve (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/266327-case-62-toilet-valve.html)

Larry B December 6th 08 05:58 PM

Case 62 toilet valve

I have 2 old Case toilets in my home. I have plenty of parts and just
changed the seat and plunger seat on one of them. The fill does shut off but
now. But, after the tank has filled 99% , there is now a prolonged period of
hiss-filled "topping off". Any suggestions on how to correct this
phenomenon? Thanks.

jim December 6th 08 07:07 PM

Case 62 toilet valve

On Dec 6, 11:58*am, "Larry B" wrote:
I have 2 old Case toilets in my home. I have plenty of parts and just
changed the seat and plunger seat on one of them. The fill does shut off but
now. But, after the tank has filled 99% , there is now a prolonged period of
hiss-filled "topping off". *Any suggestions on how to correct this
phenomenon? Thanks.

If there is a screw on the top center it needs to be slightly
tightened down .

Larry B December 6th 08 11:02 PM

Case 62 toilet valve

"jim" wrote in message
On Dec 6, 11:58 am, "Larry B" wrote:
I have 2 old Case toilets in my home. I have plenty of parts and just
changed the seat and plunger seat on one of them. The fill does shut off
but
now. But, after the tank has filled 99% , there is now a prolonged period
of
hiss-filled "topping off". Any suggestions on how to correct this
phenomenon? Thanks.

If there is a screw on the top center it needs to be slightly
tightened down .
---------------------------
Tightened because it is loose (which it isn't)? As of now, it does fill to
the correct level.

Rick-Meister December 7th 08 05:30 AM

Case 62 toilet valve

Replace the old fill valve with a FluidMaster 400. They cost less than
$10 and they're easy to install. You can rebuild a FluidMaster by
replacing a single $1 rubber seal. The top pops off and you swap in a
new gasket.

I stopped dealing with old fashioned ballcock assemblies decades ago.

They are a total PINTA

Larry B December 7th 08 07:10 PM

Case 62 toilet valve

"Rick-Meister" wrote in message
Replace the old fill valve with a FluidMaster 400. They cost less than
$10 and they're easy to install. You can rebuild a FluidMaster by
replacing a single $1 rubber seal. The top pops off and you swap in a
new gasket.

I stopped dealing with old fashioned ballcock assemblies decades ago.

They are a total PINTA

Don't know much about Case toilets, eh? FM400A will not fit. No choice in
this matter. Otherwise, I am in total agreement with your sentiment on all
levels. For the $8-10, I just change out the whole thing.