DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Spring-back kitchen faucet (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/266226-spring-back-kitchen-faucet.html)

Puddin' Man December 4th 08 10:09 PM

Spring-back kitchen faucet

Very basic kitchen faucet. Installed maybe 15 years ago.

The cold handle was seeping water a little, not from the washer. I
pulled the element. No old-style packing. Man at the hardware store
replaced an O-ring. I tightened it pretty well at re-install, but
didn't torque the hell out of it.

It doesn't leak, but it feels tight. Turn the water to 3/4 open, it
springs back to maybe 1/2 open. Shut it off with normal hand pressure
and it springs back to a tiny stream.

I just need to turn the house water off, re-seat the damned thing
with somewhat less wrench-pressure? Lots of pipe grease? Etc.

Thx,
Peetie

"Take Yo' Hand Out My Pocket (I Ain't Got Nothing What Belongs To You)!"
- Rice Miller, who probably never even _heard_ of GW Bush, Paulson, etc

[email protected] December 4th 08 11:48 PM

Spring-back kitchen faucet

On Dec 4, 5:09�pm, Puddin' Man wrote:
Very basic kitchen faucet. Installed maybe 15 years ago.

The cold handle was seeping water a little, not from the washer. I
pulled the element. No old-style packing. Man at the hardware store
replaced an O-ring. I tightened it pretty well at re-install, but
didn't torque the hell out of it.

It doesn't leak, but it feels tight. Turn the water to 3/4 open, it
springs back to maybe 1/2 open. Shut it off with normal hand pressure
and it springs back to a tiny stream.

I just need to turn the house water off, re-seat the damned thing
with somewhat less wrench-pressure? Lots of pipe grease? Etc.

� Thx,
� Peetie

"Take Yo' Hand Out My Pocket (I Ain't Got Nothing What Belongs To You)!"
� �- Rice Miller, who probably never even _heard_ of GW Bush, Paulson, etc

wrong size o ring.......