DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Another use for a chainsaw (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/266090-another-use-chainsaw.html)

HeyBub[_3_] December 2nd 08 10:25 PM

Another use for a chainsaw

As a bayonet.

If your AR-15 is not scary-looking enough, you can get this snap-on
attachment.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=19&t=402350

Goalie mask optional.

Oren[_2_] December 2nd 08 11:28 PM

Another use for a chainsaw

On Tue, 2 Dec 2008 16:25:25 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

As a bayonet.

If your AR-15 is not scary-looking enough, you can get this snap-on
attachment.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=19&t=402350

Goalie mask optional.

What model AR-15 should I get before January? I have a limited budget.

I'll opt-out for the mask and saw.

Oren[_2_] December 3rd 08 01:29 AM

Another use for a chainsaw

On Tue, 2 Dec 2008 17:41:23 -0800, "SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

As a bayonet.

If your AR-15 is not scary-looking enough, you can get this snap-on
attachment.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=19&t=402350

Goalie mask optional.

What model AR-15 should I get before January? I have a limited budget.

I'll opt-out for the mask and saw.

Don't matter. Stock up before they ban ALL of it.

But what model AR-15? I have some money under the mattress and want to
spend it wisely. Limited, but I want the best bang for my money.

Steve, who does not think this is a ludicrous idea any more.

HeyBub[_3_] December 3rd 08 02:25 AM

Another use for a chainsaw

wrote:

As a bayonet.

If your AR-15 is not scary-looking enough, you can get this snap-on
attachment.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=19&t=402350

Goalie mask optional.

What model AR-15 should I get before January? I have a limited budget.

I'll opt-out for the mask and saw.

That's easy: Get an AR15 "Lower" (about $185). Here's why:

1. There's a (hidden)federal tax on firearms and works much like a VAT. By
federal law, the "lower" is considered the firearm itself - it's the part
with the serial number. So, you pay the 7.5% tax on only the smallest part.
You can then finish out the weapon with non-taxable parts. If, however, you
buy a complete weapon, you'll pay the tax on an $1800 rifle.

2. With only the "lower," you can mix and match the remaining parts - top
quality, low quality, domestic, foreign, cast, milled, steel, magnesium
alloy, whatever, various options (like folding stock, collapsing stock,
etc.) at your leisure.

I suspect, if the new administration does anything, they'll ban
high-capacity magazines first because it's easier to define what constitutes
a high-capacity magazine. So, I'd put those high on my list.

Aside:
Invitation: Visit the "tx.guns" newsgroup. Interesting discussions on the
laws, usage, and other items connected with crime.

SteveB December 3rd 08 04:59 AM

Another use for a chainsaw

"Oren" wrote in message
On Tue, 2 Dec 2008 17:41:23 -0800, "SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

As a bayonet.

If your AR-15 is not scary-looking enough, you can get this snap-on
attachment.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=19&t=402350

Goalie mask optional.

What model AR-15 should I get before January? I have a limited budget.

I'll opt-out for the mask and saw.

Don't matter. Stock up before they ban ALL of it.

But what model AR-15? I have some money under the mattress and want to
spend it wisely. Limited, but I want the best bang for my money.

Steve, who does not think this is a ludicrous idea any more.

If you have to ask, you wouldn't know what to do with it anyway.

Just a citizen . . . December 3rd 08 05:24 PM

Another use for a chainsaw

An AK-47 is usually less sensitive to ammo quality than an AR-15 - less
expensive to shoot.

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

HeyBub[_3_] December 3rd 08 08:50 PM

Another use for a chainsaw

Just a citizen . . . wrote:
An AK-47 is usually less sensitive to ammo quality than an AR-15 -
less expensive to shoot.

I agree. I've got one. You can fill it with mud and it'll still work -
field-strip it in ten seconds. An AK47 can be had for $200.

But some people insist on "buying American..."