Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Handyman rates

I realize rates are different throughout the country, but I was wondering
about what rates are in your area.

I recently got a flyer in my paper box. This person advertises, HVAC,
electrical, & plumbing, among a host of other services. Some of the things
missing in their flyer are key words such as licensed & insured.

In my city, one can get a general license for contracting, you must provide
proof of insurance. I know this because some years ago, I used to be a
licensed/insured GC. My insurance company used to mail to the different
cities, a copy of my $500K liability policy, b/4 the cities would issue a
license.

Licensing for electrical, HVAC, and plumbing are totally different from a
GC license and are State issued, but these services must be registered with
the cities around here. They also must carry additional licenses with the
cities in these parts.

Anyways, this person advertises painting, leaf raking etc.

Their rate: $50.00 per hr.

Seems a bit steep for a handyman, even if they were licensed & insured. And
surely not enough for a licensed professional.

What's the going rate for a handyman in your area?